Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regional Orifices

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

Has anyone visited thier RO on a walk in type basis without a lawyer or service org in tow? will they see you as a walk in, to ask questions pertaining to your claim?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Depends on how busy they are. Ive done that before on slower days, and talked with the DAV guy.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Been there done that! They will talk with you and try to provide information, but very quickly the I cannot determine the answer from the notes in the computer system will come up. You might get lucky and have someone from back in cubicle land come up and try to help, but my experience has been you wont get much more or better information than the 1 800 dial and idiot number. I have only done this twice. I did get a signed letter from my VARO after much insistance that stated they would use the date of mailing and not the date of typing on my 3/26/2013 decision(already in the rules but I wanted it documented) which still had not been mailed by mid April 2013. They promptly then tried to use the 3/26 date to close out the appeal on May 27th for no I-9, but they signed for the I-9 the first week of May 2013. Will start working up my WRIT next month. along with the letter and the screenshots of them closing it out on e-bennies and have the multiple IRIS messages that change the status and story of whats going on I think I will finally get some action out of them. But as ASKNOD has observed between the filling and the required response from the VA on a writ a lot seems to happen in a short amount of time?

• HadIt.com Elder

I did get some action when I went to view my C-File. I did make an appointment to see the file. However, when I discovered that they were not going to give me the DRO Hearing I requested the VA man was helpful to me. He wrote up something for me to stop my claim from being shipped to the BVA and got my DRO back on track. These guys at the VA are just civil servants. If you piss them off I am sure they have ways too deep six your claim for a few years. If you treat them like human beings you get the best result.

Correct. They have a job to do, and while we have a bit of tunnel vision, they have hundreds of claims each to keep track of. They can only do so much-being pissed at them isn't going to do you any favors.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

heres what is kicking me in the nuts. they have all of my CP exams as of recent and cannot build a case, on my appealed claims, because they are holding it all. I called VES veterans eval service asking for a copy of the recent CP exams, and they told me the RO now has them and would put them back into my medical file when they were done. I think that being I was denied, I should have immediate access to my CP results so I can muster a defense, that turns into an offense. The system is getting more and more stacked against the veteran.