Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phone Interview

Rate this question

whoami?

Question

I applied for SSDI and SSI about a month ago. I based SSI off of my monthly work income of 500 dollars, and SSDI I am using PTSD. I had a phone interview yesterday. The interviewer asked me some questions about PTSD and asked about the three references which are my healthcare providers and my wife. The examiner wants to speak with my wife what types of questions can she expect to be asked?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Wish I had an answer for you, but I have not traveled down that road yet. Kind of interesting that they are interviewing by phone.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

They will probably ask her if you need help getting dressed, preparing food, driving and taking care of yourself in general. You want her to portray you as disabled as you are and spare nothing. Tell you to just let it all hang out as regards how the PTSD affects you and her. If she is afraid of you sometimes she needs to say so. If your relationship is rocky because of the PTSD she must say so. No positive spin.

• HadIt.com Elder

She can expect amy kind question as they are probably looking at her perspective relating to your condition. Unfortunately many of us also affect our spouses.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.