Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Bbe Today, Officially Went From 80% To 100%

Rate this topic

Navy04

navy04...congrats bud...you have worked hard and it's paid off....Can you give me tips on filing my TDIU, just got the news today PTSD 70% SC...Will this affect my Ssdi??

It won't affect your SSDI.

Shyne-I

Hogchick, I don't know much about TDIU, but with the 70% you have, all you do is file for that condition and how it affects you working. You can also note that you receive SSDI, so that the VA knows you are messed up on paper. NavyWife, It just goes to show that I should be 100% for PTSD, and how other guys get low balled so often, especially on the Mental Conditions.

Title 38: Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief
PART 4—SCHEDULE FOR RATING DISABILITIES
Subpart A—General Policy in Rating

§4.21 Application of rating schedule.

In view of the number of atypical instances it is not expected, especially with the more fully described grades of disabilities, that all cases will show all the findings specified. Findings sufficiently characteristic to identify the disease and the disability therefrom, and above all, coordination of rating with impairment of function will, however, be expected in all instances.

[41 FR 11293, Mar. 18, 1976]

Here's the paragraph from the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations that says that all cases DO NOT have to show everything listed in the rating schedule.

I wonder if you send in an IRIS complaint or inquiry and quote this regulation and copy all the reasons I listed above that you should be 100% for mental health only, would get them to reconsider their decision...or a statement from her that she was very surprised that you were not rated at 100% for MH only...

You mentioned your doc or counselor said yours is the worst case of PTSD she has seen. If that is written down anywhere in your records or you could get her to write a statement saying that, that could help, too.

Edited by NavyWife

Thanks guys, NavyWife

My current Psych Doc and Trauma Counselor both have written in my notes as to me, why I am not already 100% for PTSD. Now that I am 100% Total, and 70% PTSD, I will leave the PTSD alone for now. I am going to submit another FDC next month for 5 more conditions. I will worry about the 100% PTSD later. This last year has been so stressful with the whole VA and SSDI claim. I am happy to be able to get ahead financially for a change, and I am very lucky to have you guys and my great family. God Bless all

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use