Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Bbe Today, Officially Went From 80% To 100%

Rate this topic

Navy04

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations Navy04. I have been at Preparation for Decision for 6wks. today at Waco. I drove down there Friday and was able to get a couple of people to send emails to the supervisor and the rater of the team that is working my claim!! It was supposed to be expedited and it's stuck in Prep for decision, Lol!! Can't do anything but laugh at this point. My husband lost his job at the beginning of January so we have been trying to make it on my Social Security every month. We used a lot of my SS back pay to payoff our vehicles and helping family members. Hopefully, God is showing me favor with the ones working my claim. Congratulations again on your success and glad that your journey is complete!!

Shyne-I

Shyne,

Thanks for the kind words, and sorry you have been at Prep for so long. My FDC was stale for the longest, than in the last month that Booger sped up. I am glad you were smart with the money and paid the bills. I just got my 100% back pay this week and it was a nice chunk, in a few weeks I will get my first SSDI and my Wife's Caregiver Pay. I have not worked since last Oct and we went thru our Savings too. Thank God my claims finally caught up. God bless you guys, and I hope you hear something soon.

Navy04---

I'm so happy you got the 100% combined rating. Looking at the copy of your C&P that was done two months ago, The only thing I'm wondering is why they didn't rate you 100% instead of 70% for PTSD. They pretty much checked every single box that could be checked!!!

I know it's fairly rare for vets to get a 100% rating for PTSD.

However there's a lot of reasons why you might qualify for it. Based on things from the C&P...

--Your doctor or counselor has stated it's the worst case of PTSD she has seen.

--not able to be employed due to PTSD. This is total Occupational impairment.

--rarely leaves the house. No close friends nearby. This is total Social impairment.

-- in a mental hospital for 3 months

--undergoing frequent and regular mental health treatment currently

-- inability to perform activities of daily living. The proof of this is you are accepted in the va caregiver program at the highest level.

VA Would like us to believe that a person has to have each and every thing listed under the rating guide to qualify for that percentage however that is not true. Those are only examples.

I only mention it because if you were to request a reconsideration or appeal or increase request and get approved for 100% PTSD, then you would qualify for the special monthly compensation-SMC-S, which is around 300 bucks a month extra.

I know this is probably the last thing you want to think about now but it's something you might want to consider before your one year appeal period ends.

Whatever you decide I'm very happy for you!

P.S. I also just wanted to confirm that you are getting dependency pay for your spouse and kids. I'm going to assume that VA added it to your claim once they approved your prior claim at 80%, but ya never know.

Edited by NavyWife

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use