Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Complete In Under 100 Days - 40%

Rate this topic

uh60james

No response to my IRIS inquiry yet but my VSO has contacted the supervisor over the team that handled my claim and she agreed that I should have gotten a year extra retro benefits. He said he is going to stay on them and make sure they get it fixed.

No response to my IRIS inquiry yet but my VSO has contacted the supervisor over the team that handled my claim and she agreed that I should have gotten a year extra retro benefits. He said he is going to stay on them and make sure they get it fixed.

Good job!!!

We all gotta stay on top of our claims & be proactive.

You knew what you were entitled to, you took the time to do the math & see that things didn't add up & you contacted somebody about it who could fix it. Nice!

Sounds like you have a good VSO, too!

I don't think most people are aware of that special program for original claims using FDC. But at the regional office they definitely should have known about it!!

Since you are over 30%, you can also get dependency pay if you have a spouse or kids.

Edited by NavyWife

Good job!!!

We all gotta stay on top of our claims & be proactive.

You knew what you were entitled to, you took the time to do the math & see that things didn't add up & you contacted somebody about it who could fix it. Nice!

Sounds like you have a good VSO, too!

I don't think most people are aware of that special program for original claims using FDC. But at the regional office they definitely should have known about it!!

Since you are over 30%, you can also get dependency pay if you have a spouse or kids.

Thanks NavyWife!

I don't understand how the RO didn't know about the program in place the grants one year retro either. I hate to say it but I wonder if they just put them through as they used to and hope that the vet's don't catch it or know about it.

I definitely have a good VSO and I am lucky that he works in the RO so he can get answers fast. He also made sure to include my dependents in my claim so I am already getting that!

Update on the extra 12 months of retro.

New "claim" was opened on 5/9/2014 per eBennies. It is listed "Administrative Review". As of today it is pending decision approval.

Fingers crossed.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use