Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Complete In Under 100 Days - 40%

Rate this topic

uh60james

• HadIt.com Elder

If you don't like your ratings then file a NOD. I agree that if you filed your claim within one year of discharge your effective date should be day after discharge. This is what I got many moons ago. Since you have been rated for PTSD by the VA you can now go out and get an IME to show you are worse off than 30%. The way the VA works is that they usually start a PTSD vet with a 30% rating and as years go by and you ask for increases they raise you to 50% and then 705-100%. This is a game they play. I started at 10% and ended up with Total plus 60% 30 years later. It took 30 years because I did not have help from an organization like Hadit. I had the VFW and DAV. Worse than useless they were.

If you don't like your ratings then file a NOD. I agree that if you filed your claim within one year of discharge your effective date should be day after discharge. This is what I got many moons ago. Since you have been rated for PTSD by the VA you can now go out and get an IME to show you are worse off than 30%. The way the VA works is that they usually start a PTSD vet with a 30% rating and as years go by and you ask for increases they raise you to 50% and then 705-100%. This is a game they play. I started at 10% and ended up with Total plus 60% 30 years later. It took 30 years because I did not have help from an organization like Hadit. I had the VFW and DAV. Worse than useless they were.

Thanks John. It has actually been more than a year since my discharge but the VA started a program last year to try to get more first time filers to use the FDC program. It is possible to get one year retro from the date you filed if you meet certain conditions which I believe I do. I will have to wait for the big brown envelope or retro pay to hit to see what it says since I don't know how they indicate the effective date on the AB8 for those entitled to the retro.

I feel like I maybe could have gotten 50% for the PTSD even with the C&P notes as they are. What kind of things would I need to have stated on the IME to file a NOD and hope for 50%?

• HadIt.com Elder

Just worse symptoms that make your ability to work harder for you. Ability to work is the main thing in MH claims. If you PTSD makes work impossible you get 70% TDIU or 100% scheduler.

Just worse symptoms that make your ability to work harder for you. Ability to work is the main thing in MH claims. If you PTSD makes work impossible you get 70% TDIU or 100% scheduler.

Thanks.

Checked my bank account this morning and received retro back to Feb of this year.

Maybe send an IRIS inquiry about that extra retro pay. Send them the paragraph that lists the qualifications. If you qualify, make sure you pursue it.

I just sent an IRIS inquiry due to the amount of retro I received. Still haven't gotten the envelope in the mail but the retro was confirmation enough that they don't plan on giving me the extra year. Will have to wait and see what they say now.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use