• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Axis 1 - Anxiety Disorder Not Otherwise Specified

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This claim of mine is over whelming me.

I know everyone is tired of hearing about my claim.

I just can't let them beat me out of my benefits.

I had my first C&P with a diagnosis of Generalized anxiety disorder with a more likely than not.

5 Months later a Board of Two Psychaitrist - Axis 1 - Anxiety disorder not otherwise specified

Decision- nothing bothered her in service.

Paragrah before the decision - she was taking librium and caffergot in service.

This to me is not a plausible statement. Why would I have been taking two coded drugs.

What are they saying about me with the Not Otherwise Specified??

I could wring that DRO niece of mine by the neck for not helping me.

I hope that she eventually makes it to the Appeals Court as she would like.

Thanks,

Josephine

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It may be possible that the VA is not denying the diagnosis but the link to your service or that it was caused by your service. I think you need to polish up your Notice of Disagreement. Although the VA is supposed to help you they rarely do. Most of the 2.3 million Veterans are getting small monthy pensions I would like to know the number who get 100% and compare that percentage to the number of Veterans who have served and still living.

Than I would like to see how many people get Social Security Disability as a per cent of how many are paying into Social Security. Might be interesting to find out.

Josephine don't give up you have a good claim and my experience is eventually the VA will do the right thing. Are you getting SSD?

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine,

Te Regional Office may request a 2 PC (Physician Certificate) anytime they feel there is a discrepency in reports or diagnostic issues. I am only assuming, but if my memory is correct you were diagnosed with an Axis I disorder of Anxiety NOS and by another physician a Personality Disorder? If I am wrong please correct me. Apparently you appealed the decision which generated a discrepency in both doctors conclusions. Thus, they want you to be re-examined by 2 other doctors to either confirm or reject the Axis I disorder.

Second, regardless of the circumstances when you go to a VA examination the doctors can examine you in any manner neccessary, short of a surgical procedure. It may be the Regional wanted specific questions answered. I have been involved in a 2 PC examination on several occasions and they usually come about when there are 2 differing opinions. The Regional Office can request any examination necessary to determine the efficacy of a claim. Simply because if was at the BVA level does not preculde them from doing so.

Third, and unfortunately, there is little you can do about the physicians you felt falisfied your findings. If you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this occurred then you will make substantial headway. But not unlike police departments hospitals, clinics, and even the VA have a code of "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil."

I hope with deep sincerity that you prevail!!

Patrick

Patrick,

I think that I understand what you are saying and asking me.

I was diagnosed with my first C&P with generalized anxiety disorder with a more likely than not. He did not give me any Axis 2, 3, 4, or 5 - only unable to work because of high chronic anxiety since 1983.

His examination was never adjudicated.

5 months later the board examination, the two psychiatrist placed an Axis 1 - Anxiety Disorder not otherwise specified with an Axis 2 of Borderline personality disorder. with the gaf of 40.

My claim has been the most strangest thing that I have ever been involved with.

I filed in 1978 and my case was never adjudicated.

I filed again for same anxiety in 2002 and was denied immediately

I received the pension in 2003.

In 2004, I secured my psychiatric military records which were never viewed by the Va and turned in copies of these records to my local Regional Office.

Immediately I received a letter from the DRO that stated that I had a personality disorder, but that this was not his final decision, as he was sending me for a C&P for an acquired psychiatric disorder. With the Statement of the Case, same envelope was a form 9 for me to fill out within 60 days. I filled it out immediately and turned it in.

Next came the C&P with the diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder with more than likely the anxiety began in service.

5 months later came the Reminder of my clinic appointment - C&P with the Board of two Psychiatrist.

Axis 1 Anxiety disorder not otherwise specified.

I didn't turn in any notice of disagreement to the R.O

I contacted my treating physician in service, as I baby sit for him and his wife, sent him his records and those of the psychiatrist that he himself sent me to.

I turned in my objections to the Medical Center, as the Board stated in theie C&P that I did not receive medical assistance for my early discharge. They stated the Command began my discharge, because of article 15's, which they stated that I denied.

I denied the article 15's as I didn't have any.

I turned in the letter to the R.O written by my treating physician and one to the hospital for the board to read.

The board stated that Dr. C. did not give me librium for nerves or anxiety, but for a headache.

Not true. the medication is written in my sick bay records the librium was for my nervous state and dispensed by Dr. C.

I objected to the hospital of the hypnosis and there not allowing anyone to be present with me, my husband had ever right to be back there with the two of them.

Only one doctor signed the C&P and the other one acknowledged, but refused to sign it.

Yes, when doctor deliberately takes your private medical records and changes them to give you the personality that they want, this is fraud.

I have a copy of my private records and yes, I have made sure that the BVA and The Management Center has seen what she, phychiatrist did to my records.

You cannot deliberately change medical records.

My medical records state Gravida 3 para 2, but she claims to have only two children. then no doctor is going to tell me that I have three live children. Gravida means conceived and para means alive. She has written Gravida 3 para 3.

That is a bare face lie.

She denies any self - inflicted injuries or eating disorder, so she says. That is a lie too and I can prove it. I am a severe diabetic, but that is the extent of it.

She has written lies through out the complete examination. The slander goes on and on.

I ask the R.O for another Examination, but when I received the denial, that is when they told me that I could not have another C&P examination.

I will have to leave it up to the BVA and The Management Team to sort this mess. The doctor that didn't sign this report was a wise man.

Thanks bunches!!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
It may be possible that the VA is not denying the diagnosis but the link to your service or that it was caused by your service. I think you need to polish up your Notice of Disagreement. Although the VA is supposed to help you they rarely do. Most of the 2.3 million Veterans are getting small monthy pensions I would like to know the number who get 100% and compare that percentage to the number of Veterans who have served and still living.

Than I would like to see how many people get Social Security Disability as a per cent of how many are paying into Social Security. Might be interesting to find out.

Josephine don't give up you have a good claim and my experience is eventually the VA will do the right thing. Are you getting SSD?

Good Luck

Pete 53,

No I am not getting SSD, never had enough points for that. I worked some here and there, but was never able to hold gainful employment after service. My hands have always had water running down my elbows to accomplish much. High Blood Pressure and Headaches and always living in fear.

I took a lot of abuse in service. Verbal and Physical.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Josephine

Pete53,

Veterans as a total who receive some form of VA Compensation and SSDI amount to 1,840,453

303,723 Veterans receive 100% or IU;

15.4% of total number of all veterans receive SSDI;

93.1% of all 100% or IU veterans receive SSDI.

Patrick

• HadIt.com Elder

Patrict:

Thank you that is very helpful. So approximatley 1.2% of Veterans get 100% and 13% of all Service Connected Veterans get 100%.

303,000 just seems low to me.

Pete

Guest terrysturgis

Pete, it seems low to us because the other 1,500,000 vets that are receiving compensation less than 100% haven't found the HADIT site yet and it is our job to inform them that "Knowledge is Power". I probably would still be at the 20% level if I had not got the help from this board. Terry Sturgis