• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Axis 1 - Anxiety Disorder Not Otherwise Specified

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This claim of mine is over whelming me.

I know everyone is tired of hearing about my claim.

I just can't let them beat me out of my benefits.

I had my first C&P with a diagnosis of Generalized anxiety disorder with a more likely than not.

5 Months later a Board of Two Psychaitrist - Axis 1 - Anxiety disorder not otherwise specified

Decision- nothing bothered her in service.

Paragrah before the decision - she was taking librium and caffergot in service.

This to me is not a plausible statement. Why would I have been taking two coded drugs.

What are they saying about me with the Not Otherwise Specified??

I could wring that DRO niece of mine by the neck for not helping me.

I hope that she eventually makes it to the Appeals Court as she would like.

Thanks,

Josephine

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hoppy,

Glad that you are back, but I sure know what you mean by a break.

I think that most of the Psychiatrist out there need to go to one thereselves. Most of them don't have any sense.

I did post my letter from my treating physician in service on line and the letters by by treating internist of 28 years.

If you care to go to the first page and read under the Topic Preponderance of Evidence, it is all there.

I appreciate all the support from everyone on this site.

Today, I was just about ready to call it quits.

It is beginning to get to me. I am like you were, just about fought out and for some reason, I come back for another beating!!

I have been told by the Counselors at The Management Center that I am to have another C&P and this Psychiatrist is susposed to be an expert.

I thought that I had already met them all!!! This one is a joke.

I can tell that you have had a stomach full of all of this years ago and now it is my turn.

Have a Good One and God Bless,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Some thoughts on your recent posts. They mention your headaches and that a doctor thought you were excessively nervous.

I mentioned before that I went to VA psychologists and got them to write a report that the symptoms noted in my SMR were not consistant with personality disorder under the stricter requirements of the DSM IV.

If this were my claim I would see if I could get them to write up that the headaches were not found to be caused by any specific disease or injury and in view of the nervous state described by both the doctors and the CO that it was more likely than not that the headaches were the result of somatization and are found in association with anxiety disorders. The doctors reference to vascular headaches is based on speculation and lacks any medical support.

Additionally, the statement that your friend did not know you were having psych problems and thought you were medically discharged is the type of situation that would occur with an anxiety disorder as opposed to a personality disorder. In anxiety disorders the people aware of the condition are the patient and the doctor. In personality disorders every one except the patient is aware of the problem.

The idea that anxiety disorders are known to the patient and the doctor and that personality disorders are known to everybody except the patient is explained in the DSM IV TR. I can not remember the exact page. However, I do remember reading this. In the military your CO and supervisors would also be aware of the anxiety problems because of the close involvement in your daily activities.

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine

When you go for you new C&P stay calm and tell the shrink about your symptoms and how they started in the military. Don't get angry but don't hold any thing back. If you are taking meds bring them with you to show him what you are taking. People with personality disorders aren't supposed to feel anxiety. Do you have a prescription for Clonazepam or something like that? I say that if the VA had made up their minds to deny your claim they would not be sending you to a C&P. I support what Hoppy is saying and he sounds like a real expert in this matter. I was bounced on on a personality disorder as were many of the PTSD vets and all the rest of us who had anxiety disorders back in the 70,s and 60,s. Don't give up because you do have SMR's that mention you taking librium and that is for anxiety. Psychopaths don't need librium since they feel they are perfectly fine and the world is wrong.

Josephine, you know the military is doing the same thing to a new generation of Iraq vets as they did to us giving them personality disorder labels and kicking them out when they have PTSD and other mental disorders. You are not the only victim and that is why you have to fight hard and appeal and appeal until you get it right. More evidence if you can find it. About 90% of the vets who use Hadit and keep fighting win their claims in the end. I have been around for a while and I notice that we have a large group of winners. Better than the stats of the DAV or all the rest combined.

• HadIt.com Elder

John999 and Hoppy,

Again, many many thanks.

I don't know how I could keep this going without your help.

John, Hoppy is a very intelligent person and has been so much help to me and such an inspiration.

The Va made sure that they kept him homeless for years, and this is such a disgrace.

John,

You are very intelligent also and I sure don't want you to think that I do not value your opinion also.

I am training my brain to soak up everything that everyone is saying like a sponge.

I am going to paste what Hoppy has sent to me and place this in my suitcase with all of my other records and take them with me to the other examination.

I am not going to get emotional about this C&P. I have been through a wringer washer machine now and I am ready to fight fire with fire.

I think that the last C&P, I was just a little too nice. Under their hynopsis it was difficult to keep myself focused on what they were saying. They will always deny this, but they know that they did it.

I am presently taking Valium every 4 hours as needed and have found that this drug has worked best for me for the last 29 years and of course all of my others meds for H.P. Diabetic and etc.

I will thank the lady shrink for placing my medications in my C&P examination. She has down Librium and Caffergot in service in 1964. Since the service extensive medical records began in 1965 with her pregnancy and then pick up again on Novemver 25, 1967 when Librium was ordered 5 mg. prn. From that point through 1979 she was given Elavil in 1975 ,Etrafon and Adapin; Valium in 1976 and Elavil; Elixir of Bitisol, Ativan in 1978 along with Stelazine for " chronic anxiety reaction." and then in 1979 she was begun on Valium again 5 mg daily. Also in 1979 there are prescriptions for Serex, Doxepin, Vistaril, Tranxene and Ativan. In 1976 was also given Fiorinal for headaches, Valium and Dalmane; In 1980 she began seeing Dr. P. who continued the Valium and began Darvocet on a regular basis for headaches.

I see that she has left out some, but I will take it all with me. I have looked these drugs up on the internet and they are all for Anxiety, Depression and Headaches.

I filed for service connection for Anxiety, depression and Headaches and they have called it a " Acquired Psychiatric Disorder.

thanks a bunch to the both of you!!

Psychopaths don't need librium since they feel they are perfectly fine and the world is wrong. This is what I call the Lady Shrink!!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine