Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ceo Phoenix Placed On Leave

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

Breaking news on CBS out of Phoenix tonight states that S Hellman and her 2 side kicks are placed on adm. leave due to death of reported Veterans at VA and ongoing investigation.

I was at Phx VA outpatient clinic today for some paper work at eligibility and I could not believe how nice and ass kissing the employees were...............they are usually rude etc..............gosh wish I could have met with the IOG that would be fun...............JC and RN

• HadIt.com Elder

I would also suggest... do not drink the water at the VAMC... Just saying...

http://www.usmedicine.com/agencies/department-of-veterans-affairs/legionnaires-disease-kills-patient-at-pittsburgh-vamc/

Cmdr Bob

Edited by Commander Bob

I'm here in Phoenix and they will probibly just move her again since she is a Senior Executive Service (SES) graded manager. So lets See Spokane, Hines, Phoenix and where next ????? The VA Gov't shuffle to keep people that mess up out of the spot light. Sad no accountability. Maybe with all the press and even the POTUS wanting an answer they will finally drop the axe on her and fire her and her cronnies that did this shameful act against our fellow vets. I liked how she came out a blantantly lied on CNN on how she didn't know why the OIG was there last year asking the same questions duhhhh.

• HadIt.com Elder

JMHO... Why is the "List" unique to this one VAMC? Do you think Hellman and her 2 side kicks thought this thing up on their own... Knowing the VA system, it begs the question... Is this "Secret List" thing, a system wide soultion???

Cmdr. Bob

post-4811-0-38884400-1399002162_thumb.jp

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I an imagine if they looked at this, they should look at the VAROs as well.

• In Memoriam

You are right Justrluk.

This is from HInes Ill. VAIOG Hines. Looks like there was a mess left behind after the last administrator left in their mercedes.

Healthcare Inspection – Questionable Cardiac Interventions and Poor Management of Cardiovascular Care, Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital, Hines, Illinois

Questionable Cardiac Interventions and Poor Management of Cardiovascular Care Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital Hines, Illinois

On February 27, 2013, the OIG received a congressional inquiry regarding the quality of cardiovascular care and allegations of inappropriate billing for procedures. The following allegations were received:

Unnecessary placement of coronary artery stents and unnecessary open heart

surgery

A 9–month backlog for interpretations and poor image quality of

echocardiograms6

Repeated facility failures in the operating room (OR), including leaking roofs, flooding, power outages, and heating and cooling problems causing cancellation

of emergency surgeries

Failure to provide adequate equipment in the OR

Extreme lack of manpower in cardiac surgery creating a danger for patients

Misallocation of manpower among services

Failure to provide adequate medical support to patients on the Surgical Service

Gross mismanagement and failure to follow written policy in the surgical intensive

care unit (SICU)

Routine lack of beds due to poor utilization by physicians

Lack of bed availability causing extreme stress to patient care providers and poor

patient care

Excessively long waits for patients waiting to be admitted from the emergency

department (ED)

Last-minute cancellation of procedures

Inappropriate provision of care by trainees and non-physician providers (nurse

practitioners and physician assistants)

Assignment of non-board certified physicians to crucial management positions

Failure of administrators to ensure weekly cardiac catheterization conferences

Failure of administrators to ensure that cardiologists conduct postoperative

rounds for cardiac surgery patients

Billing by cardiologists for procedures they have not performed

Failure to ensure Loyola physicians performed services paid by VA

Multiple labor relations and human resource issues

Failure of senior management to take action in response to identified problems

Lack of fairness of an Administrative Investigation Board (AIB)

Subsequently, additional allegations were received regarding inappropriate care for a patient who died in the OR, poor perioperative cardiac surgery care,7 and that facility SICU physicians were at Loyola during their VA tours of duty.

Edited by Stretch