Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ceo Phoenix Placed On Leave

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

Breaking news on CBS out of Phoenix tonight states that S Hellman and her 2 side kicks are placed on adm. leave due to death of reported Veterans at VA and ongoing investigation.

I was at Phx VA outpatient clinic today for some paper work at eligibility and I could not believe how nice and ass kissing the employees were...............they are usually rude etc..............gosh wish I could have met with the IOG that would be fun...............JC and RN

• HadIt.com Elder

What burns me is the VA billing my private insurance for treatments of SC conditions. I am P&T and still get billed to my insurance. I call up BC/BS and tell them and they don't seem to care. What the hell. Except for free medications I see few benefits to using the VA system except to document disabilities which can be important perhaps. I am not so sure anymore. When they stick me with a needle or drill my teeth it makes me nervous due to HIV and Hep C.

In the past the VA has refused to consider cataract surgery on me even though I was almost blind. Refused many medications because of expense. Refused to do implants or even a crown at the dental dept. to save money. You know you are being treated like third class citizen by a charity hospital called the VA.

John

I think the VA should out-source the healthcare to local providers and hospitals. In some cases, they provide excellent care. In others, not so much.

• HadIt.com Elder

At least they did something. Hope they fire anyone who has any responsibilty for the secret list.

What burns me is the VA billing my private insurance for treatments of SC conditions. I am P&T and still get billed to my insurance. I call up BC/BS and tell them and they don't seem to care. What the hell. Except for free medications I see few benefits to using the VA system except to document disabilities which can be important perhaps. I am not so sure anymore. When they stick me with a needle or drill my teeth it makes me nervous due to HIV and Hep C.

In the past the VA has refused to consider cataract surgery on me even though I was almost blind. Refused many medications because of expense. Refused to do implants or even a crown at the dental dept. to save money. You know you are being treated like third class citizen by a charity hospital called the VA.

John

I've had the same issue with them billing my BC/BS for SC appointments. I called the VA numerious times to report the billing errors and they say we'll investigate it blah blah blah. I called Blue Cross and not once has the VA contacted them for a reversal on a claim they sent them over the last several years. What a bunch of BS they are falsly billing my insurance provider when they are suposed to provide the SC care for free (80%). I only see the VA for my SC issues to keep myself current for the regional office SC. Now I wonder if it's even worth that since they like to rip Blue Cross off.

• HadIt.com Elder

At least they did something. Hope they fire anyone who has any responsibilty for the secret list.

Let's see what the IG finds out.. The VAMC is claiming, because of the backlog, the "Secret List" was created and used to call waiting patients when an appointment was cancelled. You know, to help the vet... It could be nothing but an attempt to help out our "heroes." Or was it used for more nefarious reasons?... Because the Va is micro managed to death. it also begs the question, is this system wide? And what about the VAROs?? After my experience with the local VARO, it makes one ask does the VARO keep a "black list" also??. With all their delays, screw ups, etc, when processing my claim, I wonder are they just over worked, incompetent, or free wheeling "borrowed power freaks??

JMHO, Jail time should be on the table.

Time will tell.

C.B.

Edited by Commander Bob