Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Depresion Drug

Rate this topic

I've tried a plethora of SSRI psych meds. I've also tried anti-psychotics Seroquil and Ridperidone. None of those seemed to work alone or in combinations....some had different side effects most are unpleasant.

Now I'm on Effexor (SSNRI), Abilify and Trazadone. This combination seems to have the least side effects on me, although I have gained a significant amount of weight...but at least I'm not as miserable on them.

You have to work with you DR and keep trying new ones until you find what works. I've been there and been through it....I can't go off my meds because I become super depressed and suicidal if I don't take them.

I take some of my medication at night and it allows me to sleep so the fog and drowsiness isn't a problem. You might try that.

Hang in there... It is hard to find the right medicine and or combination that works. Make sure to go to all of your appointments and let your DR know what is and what isn't working and keep trying. You might ask at your next appointment to have them closer together while you are working this out. See if you can go monthly instead of every 3 months. Call the clinic and see if anyone has canceled and if you can be worked in sooner.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic