Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Help Paratrooper Vet

Rate this question

jcolwell

Question

I thought I was out of the VA business for a while but have decided to help a veteran friend. He is 70 and has already had a total knee and total hip completed in last 5 years not at VA . He can walk but kinda like a duck and is in pain. Never filed claims . As best I know today he is a Jumper, Paratrooper in Army for 4 years and had over 500 jumps in the Philippines/Dominican republic ??

Thus far I have directed him to :

.Get his VA c- File

.Get all Ortho records for Hip and Knee surgery's etc. done at hospital in Phoenix

.Obtain all medical records from primary care, Ortho surgeons

.Order Military file from St Louis MO with all his medical records/and personnel file

.He is a pack rat so he has a box of military service records at home along with pictures from military and hangs out with old buddies that also were jumpers at the American legions.

Once I get that reviewed ( I am old Ortho RN ) etc then I will direct him on completing 2 DBQ for his knee and hip.

That is about all I have at this point to share. I will be connecting him to a VSO as well.

If there are any other suggestions I would appreciate some feedback to help him.

Any web sites out there for army Paratroopers is what I think he calls what he did with a large pack on his left hip or something that we think led to his total hip.

It it too late for him to file a claim ?

He is 0 % connected already for Hearing loss due to some guns going off etc. non compliant with hearing aide use.

Thanks as always Patsy Colwell

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry but 4yrs, over 500 jumps, that's roughly 10 jumps a month, for 4 yrs, highly unlikely in my book! With that many jumps he'd probably be a master blaster, also. But thanks for helping him, even if he embellishes his history. jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

• HadIt.com Elder

If he had the hip replaced at VA or the knee its possible who could win a claim cause they did not do it right.