VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Lawyer Is Taking My Cue To Federal Court.

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My lawyer is taking my CUE that was denied by the COVA to federal court. I don't want to give up. I am going to fight until I can't fight anymore on these issues because it not only affects me, but affects possibly hundreds of thousands of older vets. To set a date and say that prior to 1990 you don't have due process and after 1990 you do is just arbitrary. All my evidence prior to 1990 means nothing, and does not even need to be listed much less considered. Where is the justice in this? All the claims filed by WWII, Korea and Vietnam vets who filed claims before 1990 don't have the same due process rights as vets who filed one day after the VA decided they needed to actually list all the probative evidence in a claim. If evidence is not listed then there is no way to prove it was considered or not considered. These rules of assumption are opposite any consideration of due process. In fact, in my cue the CAVC shot down each and every argument we brought up. I cannot believe that in a case where it is obvious that important facts were just excluded can just be disposed of like trash. All our arguments{ there were many} were either interpreted as " duty to assist", "untimely", "debatable" or some other non CUE argument.

John

• HadIt.com Elder
Does anyone here remember getting a psychological exam when they were discharged from the army after Vietnam?

John,

I had a PEB and a MEB, as well as military nurse's medical notes, noting a psychological issue, and never received a psychological exam or head injury checkup. Nothing... nada .

I'm with you friend,

Bob

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob

They just expect us Vietnam vets to go quietly like Korean war vets. I don't think so Mr. VA Man. I would like to speak up for our generation and for the younger vets as well to warn them that they will be swept under the rug just as soon as some other conflict pops up and USA troops are called. Every lesson from every useless war has to be learned over and over on the bodies of the young.

John

A profound statement John.....and TRUE.

Every positive thing we do here at hadit ,to include fighting our claims, will impact on the next generations of veterans and their dependents.

It amazes me how the recruitment quotas always seem to get filled and often these young men and women are children of veterans.

I was surprised when my daughter (knowing full well how the VA had treated her dad, me as his widow, and other Vietnam vets we knew)

enlisted.

Her point was she loved the USA , in spite of the VA.

But this latest fiasco might get some potential recruits to rethink their decisions to join up.

Then again they will sign up anyhow.

Our grateful nation has a good w