Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sec Shinseki Press Release Minutes Ago

Rate this question

Berta

Question

WASHINGTON (May 16, 2014) – Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki made the following statement:

“Today, I accepted the resignation of Dr. Robert Petzel, Under Secretary for Health in the Department of Veterans Affairs.

As we know from the Veteran community, most Veterans are satisfied with the quality of their VA health care, but we must do more to improve timely access to that care.

I am committed to strengthening Veterans’ trust and confidence in their VA healthcare system.

I thank Dr. Petzel for his four decades of service to Veterans.”

Was Petzel due to retire??? I didn,t see this coming.....He is # 2 at VA

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

well the commander in chief still believes in him, and he said he refuses to resign. so I dont think sheseki is going anywhere. one of the first things he said at the congressional hearing was. " we need to be transparent and accountable". That is a very true statement and it needs to start with him.

If Shenseki is sneaking around, dodging interviews, and refering any questions of " transparency and accountability" to his underlings such as Pretzel, it gives people doubt as to his sincerity and integrity. If they people working under him are rats, call them rats and run them off. It really is looking like Pretzel was the ring leader in all of this, because he didnt even stick around long enough to be accused, NOW THATS INTUITION FOLKS!!!

Was he just ashamed of being a failure, or is the saber rattling of bringing in the FBI and criminal charges what got him hoppin?

OR does this resignation of Shensekis wingman now give shenseki an out. Now when asked questions, he can say,,, sorry sir I cannot answer that question because that was Pretzels job, HE GONE.......

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe we can keep the pressure on by writing our congressmen and senators and telling what we really think about VA health care and the VA disability system. It will take a lot of pressure and scandal. These things usually last a few weeks until some new scandal or disaster chasing them off the front page. I would even rejoin the American Legion and VFW if I thought they were going to fight for us. The DAV seems to be in the bag for the VA as usual.

yes, the DAV guy just seemed to want to talk abt constuction projects, looks and sounds like a wiseguy in that 1,000 dollar zoot suit.

HEY VINNY HAVE YOUR GUY CALL MY GUY FOR A MEET ABOUT DAT VA TING.

Edited by 63SIERRA