Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Guy Here

Rate this question

Squad227

Question

I've been reading these posts for a while now, and finally decided to join. Reading what you all have been writing has given me many answers and signs of relief over the past few months. I started getting MH treatment at my VA back in September. Unforunately it took me hitting rock bottom, and completely destroying everything good I had going on in my life before I was finally able to realize that I needed help. At that time I put in a claim for PTSD. So, I had my C&P last Friday (May 16) and, as many of you, was freaked out for the two weeks prior. I couldn't understand why the VA was bringing in a civilian doctor for my exam, but I figured it was because I was an active patient and I was already being treated by a LCSW, Psychiatrist, and psychologist. (Anyone know any other reason for this? He actually came to the VA and did my exam.) My records have been well documented since September. My troubles started way back around 2003. Since coming to the VA, I have completed WRAP, and CPT, and am part of a OIF/OEF/OND peer support group. I am hoping the doctor's notes from my C&P will post to myhealthevet sometime this week so I can get a heads up on what he wrote. Currently, the VA has my "problem list" as PTSD, MDD, bereavement, anxiety and sleep issues. I have had the actual PTSD diagnosis since January, so hopefully all of these previous notes will help. I, like many of you, will welcome any compensation they give me, but would gladly give it all up to feel like I did 20 years ago...happy, fun, and not poppin pills 24/7. I feel like the exam went well. I was watching for the "how are you today" question, and I simply answered "rough", which was the truth. I cried through a large part of it, but I never felt that he was trying to play games. I'm kinda anticipating a 30% rating for PTSD. I am at 40% currently, for migraines, burns, scarring, and nerve damage. I'm ready to see what the report says. And according to ebenfits, the claim completion date estimate is mid-July. We shall see.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

thanks for your service and rock steady, its going to all turn out good for you.

My C&P notes finally showed up online. The civilian doctor didn't really follow the format that most of you all post...but I recognized a lot of the same wording. I'm guessing either a 50% or 70% rating. Hopefully it goes fast.