Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long To Get Award Letter After Soc?

Rate this question

Rakkasan

Question

I got an increase on my claim by 30% according to my SOC that I got about 1 1/2 months ago. Was just curious how long it may take to get the actual award letter. A couple days after receiving my SOC I called Peggy and was told I was just waiting on a few signatures and whatnot but after a month and a half I assumed I would have received the award letter or money. I am through the Louisville RO if that helps.

If you are on Ebenefits you can do it under your Dashboard under Documents.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

It still has not showed up on ebenefits. The only reason I know of the increase in my claim is because of the SOC.

I may be wrong but I think that the SOC is your award letter. I got SOCs for two appeals I had going on in Dec 2013 and they just told me to let then know if I was satisfied, seeing as they sc'd stuff I hadn't asked I was more than satisfied and told them so. I haven't heard anything from them since then.

Rick

Take nothing but pictures Leave nothing but footprints

• HadIt.com Elder

Was it a BVA appeal? I won my case in mid April, 2014 and I too have been searching for an answer..

Keeping in mind every claim is different...

JMHO About 2 Months...

Good Luck,

C.B.

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Yea I was not sure if the award letter and SOC were the same thing. It does not specify any monetary figures just my percentage increase. I have no increase yet in ebenefits maybe on the first I will see it.

CB:

It was through a DRO appeal. How long did you wait till the increase/award letter and money show up?

• HadIt.com Elder

CB:

It was through a DRO appeal. How long did you wait till the increase/award letter and money show up?

Keeping in mind every claim is different... Yours is going through a VARO. Mine went to Washington D.C.

I won my case in mid April, and I am still waiting for the award letter. I got a phone call from the D.C. Veterans Service Center yesterday, confirming my address.

Hang in there.

C.B.

Any day now... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ore6K3ESTLc

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"