Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Reversal ? Is This A Clue

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

Back in December 2004 I went to my Local hospital emergency room about 3 times. I filed the claims with my local VAMC and in April 2005 I received a letter from the Salem Va. VAMC saying that my claims for payments for my Emergency visits had been denied. I have had 5 C&P exams in the lasr 2 months and is currently awaiting to be rated on them. This week I recieved letters again from the Salem Va. VAMC saying that the calims from 2004 has now been authorized for payment. Is it possible that my current VA claims could have something to do with this reversal. I also have an Appeal for TDIU on file.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Kenny,

I agree with Josephine in that your C & P reports should have already been completed and available to the RO to look at. It is also my understanding that the RO has a time limit on when they expect to be able to retrieve the report after the C & P exam has been completed. But, then again, I am not sure that this is being followed. In my husbands case, it wasn't. If I had not thrown such a fit about his report not being available after a period of time that I felt it should have been, no report would have ever been available as the doctor went on vacation after my husbands exam and apparently forgot about doing it.

Out of all of the C & P exams that my husband has had, with the exception of those couple I have spoken about, the reports are usually available within a day or two. The C & P examiners have too many exams and reports to do each day to hold up on the reports for very long. If they did, they would never get caught up. Sounds to me like maybe someone forgot to write up the reports. Especially since they were all done by the same doctor.

This is only my opinion on what I have read here. I also agree with Josephine that you contact the VAMC Release of Information Office in Zebulon and check with them to find out why the reports are not available. You have every right to get a copy. Also, you can call the VAMC in Zebulon and ask for the C & P Department. Tell them about your problem and that you would like to know when the reports are going to be available. This is where I initially found out about my husbands reports not being done. If they state that they don't have them in the system as being completed, contact the Patient Advocate at the Zebulon VAMC, tell her about the problem, and get her involved. I generally have had good luck in getting our Patient Advocate resolve any problems we have.

Not sure if any of this applies to you or will even help, but I would try every thing I could to get those reports.

mssoup1