Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Few Questions About Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

Titan

Question

Just a little background, Im 10% service connected for asthma. Ive been out of the Army for 10 years now. I sought couples therapy a few months ago for myself and my wife through the VA and the counselor was thinking most of my problems were attributed to PTSD. She referred me to the PTSD unit who I had an appointment with yesterday for a screening. Using the info the other counselor gave me and the questions she went through she told me I have PTSD and is going to talk with my other family counselor and call me back to make a treatment plan. So last night I went on the E-benefits site and submitted a new claim. So far I have pretty much told my story which is pretty traumatizing to 2 counselors and to the e-benefits website. Basically my question is will I have to go back to the same place and sit with someone else for the claim and do it all over again and go through the whole thing or do they just use what they have? Im assuming its also the same people who do the claims because its in the same building. Last time I think I waited about a year for processing of my claim, is it still around the same time? I will try to get some sort of copies and post them on here to see what other people think. Thanks for your help

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

thanks for the kind words everyone, I start my treatment program this coming Wednesday. During my marriage counseling this past friday my counselor mentioned that he PTSD counselor had called her and told her she was very impressed with me, not really sure what this meant but she said a counselor has never called her before to say anything like this. I told her I didnt know what to think of it and she said it was a good thing, whatever that means.

Things are moving along faster than I expected, got a call today saying they were sending a letter with my C and P exam date, checked E-benefits when I got home and its scheduled for 7/29. Ive been going every week for treatment and the counselor says Im doing well.