Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About First Appeal Paperwork

Rate this question

prollins

Question

I received my first denial for SSDI and have filled out the appeal paperwork from the SS adjudication company here in GA. I faxed in the paperwork and have been scheduled for an exam. My wife called the adjudicator and asked if there was any other paperwork that we could submit that would help us be approved. The adjudicator told us that they "had everything they needed" and did not need any other paperwork.

I think this might not be the case and would like input about what other paperwork I can submit to the adjudicator and what they have to take from me if I offer it as evidence. I also want to know if I can take any paperwork with me to my appointment. I am planning on filling out a Patricks Self Report and would like to know if there is anything else that has helped others in this process.

This is only my first denial and appeal so I am in for the long haul and just want to give them as much as possible each time without trusting what they say is allowed to be included.

Best wishes to all of you on your claims too.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I found Fanaticbooks' site helpful: http://www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com/ssd.html and also http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/

There's a lot to chew there.

My understanding is it's best to meet an ailment listed in CFR 38 PArt A or Part B and have clear diagnosis from a doctor with statement that you cannot perform work of any kind. "Generally speaking, being able to work on a regular and sustained basis means being able to do a full-time job; that is, 40 hours a week, five days a week, without excessive absences."

Good luck! :smile:

Not to be discouraging, but you may be denied a second time and have to have a hearing to get approved. I just went though the process and had to have a hearing to be approved. I even saw a SS doctor who said that I was unable to work with my symptoms.

I started my claim in GA (Marietta office). I went through two denials and got a lawyer. My hearing ended up being in Nashville because during the process my home was foreclosed and I had to move in with family. The lawyer came all the way from ATL to meet me at my hearing and we won.

It is said but most people win SSDI/SSI at a hearing.

If you have any medical documents from VA or other providers have all of it...even for other medical conditions. They will look at everything wrong with you, unlike the VA who only looks at SC. With the SSA you can use any and all medical treatments because it all will work in your favor.