VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got A New So

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

I meet with a ALSO, dropped the DAV, Monday, he was more than helpful and very knowledgeable. He stated he knew the Dr who did my C&P, he stated she rarely gives a favorable report to the RO on the Vets claim, He also wants to me to reopen my1985 denial for PTSD.

Hugh

I started getting disgusted when the DAV post I was going to got shut down for 30 days,. I called the national number, and a not so friendly operator told me basically tough luck. I never found out why they got shut down, it was DAV 29. Then in despiration, I go see another DAV service rep in the next town over. He was brand new, and really didnt know much, and told me so. SO I started dealing directly with the guys in Waco. It got to a point where they wouldnt answer, or return my calls anymore. I forgot exactly when it was in my life when I started learning to trust my gut instinct, but it was telling me, DROP THEM,. And thats exactly what I did. This was my personal experience, and I did me one service officer at the DAV that did give me some excellent advice, He told me to get A big 3 ring binder, tab it, and organize all of my paper. That is the best advice I got from anyone because it started letting me make sense of my claims, and evidence. Now I can go directly to exactly what it is I want to look at.

• In Memoriam

Better make sure that the AL changes you POA. It took me ten years to kick the DAV off my leg, but they finally let go.

A reopen to 1985 is a good idea. The Vets court did not open until 1987 so you never had the chance for a complete review. They may have to completely consider your claim.

Edited by Stretch

Better make sure that the AL changes you POA. It took me ten years to kick the DAV off my leg, but they finally let go.

A reopen to 1985 is a good idea. The Vets court did not open until 1987 so you never had the chance for a complete review. They may have to completely consider your claim.

Thanks for the help!

Hugh