VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Malpractice -va-1151s And Of Of Inspector General Reports

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

I continue to have high fasting glucose readings but the VA says my DMII is well controlled through diet and excercise. What diet? What exercise? I already filed a 1151 claim on this history of high glucose levels with no treatment or diagnosis. I finallly got SCed for this last July for 10%. Are not these high glucose levels evidence of my DMII being worse than just a 10% rating. I am going for a hearing in October regarding this.

This one is a hoot at above site:

Gainesville VA Managers Have Two Nude Exotic Dancers Perform at VA Medical Center to Celebrate Manager's Birthday

The death claims are horrible and VERY costly to VA-

John- Make sure you support your claim with med recs as to your glucose levels- anything at fasting level above 130, any hyperglycemia in your med recs,- High tryglycerides, coupled with low cholestrol,

anything a doctor circled but did not explain, and be sure you bring to the hearing- the DMII VA Training letter-

(posted at hadit long ago) and also the actual VA rating criteria for DMII and its complications as found within 38 CFR.

I assume they are going to address the lousy rating and also your Sec 1151?

• HadIt.com Elder
This one is a hoot at above site:

Gainesville VA Managers Have Two Nude Exotic Dancers Perform at VA Medical Center to Celebrate Manager's Birthday

The death claims are horrible and VERY costly to VA-

John- Make sure you support your claim with med recs as to your glucose levels- anything at fasting level above 130, any hyperglycemia in your med recs,- High tryglycerides, coupled with low cholestrol,

anything a doctor circled but did not explain, and be sure you bring to the hearing- the DMII VA Training letter-

(posted at hadit long ago) and also the actual VA rating criteria for DMII and its complications as found within 38 CFR.

I assume they are going to address the lousy rating and also your Sec 1151?

Berta

I can't find the DMII training letter. Where is it posted? I had it in my documents but the computer crashed a while back.

Guest Morgan

Berta,

Thanks for posting this link. Did you notice the case about the VA using independent contractors for medical staff? Does that have to be disclosed before treating a patient? What a surprise it must have been to the veteran who received such poor care.

Maybe we're blaming the VA for things it didn't do...it's all those darn independent contractors' fault. :rolleyes:

The veteran who filed that suit must have been so frustrated to find out that bit of information.

Carrie

• HadIt.com Elder

John when you say high fasting glucose what is it? What is your A1C?

When you get your glucose right you also will gain weight.