Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Win Is A Win For All!

Rate this topic

USAFSP79

My Brothers and Sisters, I know that some have waited for longer than I for an answer to a claim, but I kept the fight going more than the faith at times. I recently received notice from the BVA that my case was settled in my favor! Only 4 1/2 years in the waiting but worth it in the end. But I do have some questions that maybe some with experience can help me with: How long do I now have to wait until a rater gives a response? It will go to St Paul MN I assume. As well as when does the check show up? My claim was decided in my favor for: patellofemoral syndrome,patellofemoral chondromalacia, and chronic retropatellar pain syndrome of the right knee. Any ideas on what the % might be? Thanks in advance!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS!!!

You can check Ebenefits and look at your letter. If your % has changed and you NOT retired you can expect your retro within a few weeks. However if you are retired an audit will have to take place and that can take up to 6 months to a year in some cases!!!!!!!! Again CONGRATS!!!!!!!

The award is just for Service Connection. The highlights are: " disability...had it's onset in service"; "disability....was incurred in service." ;

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use