VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Decision Reached, Claim Sent To Rating Board

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

Has anyone ever had a DRO decision and could not find out what the decision was, I tried but the claim was sent to the rating board. I am a little confused, My Vet rep said he did not know either and is reluctant to find out. I thought a DRO decision was an appeal and the information was delivered fairly quickly.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe that the DRO makes the rating decision. The scenario you are describing sounds fishy. A DRO can change or modify a previous rating decision. The DRO reviews and makes a new decision. If the DRO has made their decision you should get it quickly. It is all mysterious while the DRO has your claim but once he/she decides thats it. I did three DRO's and they all worked like that.

There was a so called re-opened claim involved also. They may have packaged them together, I do smell a rat. I guess I will go to the VSO tommorrow and ask him bluntly to find out what the decision was since the VA said he had it on his desk Sept 1st. This stuff really elevaes my BP.

Jstacy,

sounds like the DRO's are now acting like the Judges at BVA and remanding claims back to the raters. hahahahahaha. We all know how powerful and dishonest the RO's are but I never in a million years thought I see the day they would assume the role of the entire VA system. I guess the Service Center Managers will now assume the roles of the Court of Appeals and the RO Directors will become the Federal District Judges. Why not? who in the government has the balls to tell them they can not do it? Your VSO knows all to well what is going own so I would fire him.

John- based on the documentation I have from the VA_ it appears that something "fishy" as you wondered about- went on at my socalled DRO conference.

The vet rep called me with one story- his boss supported his version-yet the documentation reveals something entitrely different.

I have filed a full complaint with their main office.

Some DROs are very good but others seem to working with vet reps to deny a claim.

As the Inspector General's report I posted here in 2005 revealed -only

“Sixty-five percent of VA raters

and Decision Review Officers (DRO) surveyed by the IG, in conjunction with its May 2005

report, admitted that they did not have enough time to provide timely and quality decisions. In

fact, 57 percent indicated that they had difficulty meeting production standards if they took time

to adequately develop claims and thoroughly review the evidence before making a decision”

The high volume of Remands from the BVA shows how deficient these ROs are.

I suggest you get the M21-1 DRO job description which I posted links to here before and make sure that your vet rep and the DRO are going by the book and not pulling something on you.

I got into the 57 % above at every level of my claim process-where no one even read my evidence,not even my vet rep.

What adds to the concern is that the DRO reviewer is supposed to rate it himslef and issue a decision ( My take on the Job description) , Not remand it back to the rating board. I wonder how many vets get screwed over by this type of mailicious horse crap .

I just found out that the claim on the raters desk today. It wont be too much longer until I get the suprise.

I have a few NOD's typed out and ready to go, unless it is favorable. ( Yeah Right)

This results from Paranoia. Which I believe is a symptom of PTSD.

I asked my Poa to call me on my cell phone when I he gets the information.

I do know one thing: Dealing with the VA + Uncontrollable Hypertension+ Headaches can really effect post traumatic streess.

Does anyone care to take a guess regarding the time frame for a decision.