Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wrong Documentation

Rate this question

Me1984

Question

So I have a bit of a problem my psychiatric documentation is incorrect, and my doc documents what she wants as though I am ok every single time I come in. Now she had me go to a psychologist who deemed me bipolar 1 with personality d/o when I go with her she says I'm not what he said I'm just a little depressed. What was the point of me going then if she is going to say what she wants. Also I have four kids and she put I just have a daughter and I feel like my mother abandoned me when in all actuality my mother gave me to my aunt and I never had a relationship with her. She doesn't ask me any questions when I go there but in her notes I tell her I'm doing good and everything is going ok for me wth. I honestly wish that was the case but it's not. Also on my initial visit I told them that I had a episode where I took pills too end my life but my mom stopped me that put my mom and my sister stopped me. Looking through my VA documents they have been just putting whatever they want in their notes. The psychologist is the only one that has noted my file correctly except for a age that I gave him instead of 18 he put 17.

What can I do I'm so lost right now and really upset as my claim for a increase may get denied and they just may lower my rating because of her notes.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So I have a bit of a problem my psychiatric documentation is incorrect, and my doc documents what she wants as though I am ok every single time I come in. Now she had me go to a psychologist who deemed me bipolar 1 with personality d/o when I go with her she says I'm not what he said I'm just a little depressed. What was the point of me going then if she is going to say what she wants. Also I have four kids and she put I just have a daughter and I feel like my mother abandoned me when in all actuality my mother gave me to my aunt and I never had a relationship with her. She doesn't ask me any questions when I go there but in her notes I tell her I'm doing good and everything is going ok for me wth. I honestly wish that was the case but it's not. Also on my initial visit I told them that I had a episode where I took pills too end my life but my mom stopped me that put my mom and my sister stopped me. Looking through my VA documents they have been just putting whatever they want in their notes. The psychologist is the only one that has noted my file correctly except for a age that I gave him instead of 18 he put 17.

What can I do I'm so lost right now and really upset as my claim for a increase may get denied and they just may lower my rating because of her notes.

What are your current service connected evaluations ?

MDD with sleep disturbance, asthma with mild sleep apnea, Migraines, lumbar facet syndrome and left hip tendinitis. I recently put a claim in for cubical tunnel syndrome and Bipolar 1.

Me,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have been documented with PTSD for over 5 years, and the Docs note always get messed up or they forget to put something in there. I had a note in my records once, that said I was a 40 year old female and a recovering Alcoholic, when in fact I am 32 and never had a drink or smoke in my life.

Wow..so they mess up a whole lot from what I can tell. Mainly because they are short handing things and enter it into their database when you leave the office at least that's what my psychiatrist and psychologist did I know because they just wrote on their pad. Although the c&p rep actually entered it into the database right then and their.

I will keep my own notes from now on and when I got to my visits read them off because of memory issues and being anxious isn't a good combo when trying to tell someone what you have been going through for the last sixty days.