• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Bva Order Denied

Rate this question

Vassilis53

Question

Got the BBE today, TDIU denied from BVA appeals, but got granted this:

"Quote from BVA order:

"Entitlement to an initial diasability rating of 70 present for service-connected post concussion syndrome is granted effective October 23, 2008, subject to controling regualtions governing the payment of monetary benefits..""

Previous I was awarded 70 % on December 18, 2012 is that means will get retro back pay? and when and how this happening? Please help me understand this!

is the local RO responsible to award retro back payments?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Previous I was awarded 70 % on December 18, 2012 is that means will get retro back pay? and when and how this happening? Please help me understand this!

Was that 70 % BVA award for exactly the same thing....

Or was it on appeal and awarded by BVA for a better EED?

Was awarded on December 2012 70% service connected disability upgraded from 10% from 2005 I appeal this to be prior date and did... Now with the new decicion from appeal board the 70% started on Octomber 2008 instead of the 12/2012. So my question is this a retro back pay situation? also I was denied TDIU on the same appeal.

based on what i see, you will get back pay from 2008-2012. So the BVA award was an appeal not of the award itself but of the Effective date?

Why did they deny TDIU?

Can you not work because of your disabilities? purely not wanting to work or not working wont cut it generally. Have you lost jobs because of it? Have you been awarded SSDI?

based on what i see, you will get back pay from 2008-2012. So the BVA award was an appeal not of the award itself but of the Effective date?

Why did they deny TDIU?

Can you not work because of your disabilities? purely not wanting to work or not working wont cut it generally. Have you lost jobs because of it? Have you been awarded SSDI?

Yes on the appeal with BVA was TDIU and the effective date of original award..Denied TDIU because of non-supportive medical evaluation, can not work because of disabilities since 2007. not eligible for SSDI because of non working continuesly past 10 years, waiting on regular retirement of SS at 62. Have attorney will file an NOD with the BVA prior to going on CAVC appellate court.