Waiver Of Bva Consideration

Rate this question

GatorNavy

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think the issue was thrown in the bill for convenience. I can't see the VA expediting anything could be presumptive. :wink:

Better than being stuck in the SSOC loop. My RO writes SSOCs just to incur another two month delay on a claim. For one condition I think I had 5 five SSOCs. The moral of the story is trying to get up when an elephant sits on ya.

so once the send you a SOC, and you rebutt, then they send you a SSOC then you can submit another rebuttal, then form 9, and then deal directly with the BVA. ?

If that is the case then everyone should start doing it, so it lets the RO know your tired of farting with them anymore.

Just an FYI - once the form 9 (I-9) is submitted to a VARO, the claimant is still looking at

2 - 5 years just to get it certified and transferred to the BVA's jurisdiction, for resolve.

Many, many times it only ends up with remand instructions (which is usually better than a denial),

which continues to add more time in the waiting line.

IMO - appeals are continuing to increase at alarming speed and the BVA is going to

continue to be even more backed up, to the point of having more than a million appeals at one time.

Same situation the VARO's have been in.

My prediction is that this will happen by 2019.

jmho

so once the send you a SOC, and you rebutt, then they send you a SSOC then you can submit another rebuttal, then form 9, and then deal directly with the BVA. ?

If that is the case then everyone should start doing it, so it lets the RO know your tired of farting with them anymore.

That's the way it used to be but no longer. Once you get a SOC you have 60 days to submit the VAF 9 (this hasn't changed). However any statements, evidence sent in after the VARO gets the VAF 9 now goes into the c-file. No SSOCs will be issued unless a waiver of initial consideration by the BVA is sent in with the evidence. Then the VARO will process the evidence and issue a SSOC.