VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For Doctor In Seattle Area To Do An Independent Exam (Ime)

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

Does anyone know of or had experience with an Orthopedic Doctor in the Seattle, Wa Area who can Perform an IME on me. I have well docuemented back issues that are clearly covered in my military medical files. I also have brand new MRI and CT's which clearly shows my condition. The C & P was done by a VA Nurse and it was not done propoerly from what I later found out. For range of motion, she took my way past the point of pain which had never been done in any exam before? In the past, I would bend over until the pain started..but with this exam not so.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Social Security Disability Lawyers may be able to make recommendation. Just be sure and provide a copy of how the VA needs it from Hadit.

Good Luck

Pete53:

Thanks..left a message at one of the Seattle SSA Disability Law Firm's to see if I could get someone to give me a couple of names to check out IME Doctors. Frankly, all I wanted was an honest and professional assessment in the first place. I guess I'm most surprised by how biased the system is?

hey rootbeer22 did you ever get the names of IMO doctors in seattle area? I am from seattle also and am in need of someone out side the VA for an IMO on my hips, sciatica, and heel spurs.

Diver

diver:

No..had a couple of folks promise to get me names but did not? Several folks have talked about some Docs that will do IMOs on this webite and you could go to one of those? One name I heard about was a Mr. Basser (?) or something like that...you could do a search on hadit.com and find one of the names that people use. I guess mainly, it needs to be someone that knows the VA lingo and verbiage for the raters to understand to be most effective. I just finished "all" of my exams and the General Medical Exam was so "cursory" that I'm not sure what is going to happen? The doctor was very directive and said, "you sit there and I'll ask the questions?" I was scheduled for 4 hours and the exam took about 30 mintues? He only had about 3 sheets of paper and spent 90% of the time typing on the computer screen and made very little eye contact with me? Fortunately, I handed him my records that covered most of it so at least he had the evidence to go on for my exam results? But, I'm necesaary confident that they were considered...so I may be getting my own IMO in the near future...I know it's about $1,500.00 dollars to get and IMO done?