• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Management Center

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi everyone,

Recieved a phone call today. My claims file has finally made it to a Rater at the Management Center, don't know yet if I will receive another C&P.

After speaking to so many on this site, I feel that I am more than prepared to take on another shrink at the medical center.

Does anyone know what their qualifications have to be, sure hope they can read better than the Psychiatrist at the medical center and the Regional Office. I am thinking that they just have to be able to breathe.

I do understand that the rater is a male.

After the last C&P with the lady Psychiatrist, things sure couldn't get any worse.

Just wanted to know what success has anyone had with their claims and are they fairer with their decisons than the Regional Offices?

Thanks Bunches,

Josephine

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vicki,

I have to say the same. I have not met, to date, anyone at the Management Center that has not been nice to me.

Sometime, someone has to call me back, as my claims file is a sensitive 6, due to my niece being a DRO. at the Regional office, where the appeal was placed, although, she signed off later, after first C&P and placed me in West Virignia.

I took your advice and sent them an email and received a letter back from them.

I am hoping for the new C&P to clear up some of the slanderous accusations, by the lady psychiatrist at the second C&P.

I have pointed out each and ever one of her remarks, against my medical records, to show the BVA and the Management Center, that they are no more than lies.

I found this psychiatrist to be very unfair and stereotyped ladies in the military.

I am not sure that she knows what a lady is??

Thanks so much for your reply.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

The AMC was set up with the manigers of other RO across the naton to review claims. Several years ago an audit was done of the AMC and found the place to be a disaster area. No orginizaton of files. They were every where. Allot of claims mismangiment. These were supouse to be the best and the brightest. Maybe they were.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

fla_viking,

So far, things have went smooth with me. Maybe they fired the old ones and brought on some with some sense.

I have never spoken to anyone that didn't know what was going on with my claims file and each step that it has taken.

I sure can't say that for the Huntington Regional Office.

The Management Center seems like Heaven to me.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

You have to figure that the VA is in no hurry or feels no pressure to grant claims that cost the government money. They do not have the resources to deal with the number of claims and this is no accident. It is up to the vet to be organized and on top of his claim because you are dealing with foot dragging government workers who probably don't get recognized for granting claims, but for brown lipping the boss and letting him win at golf.

• HadIt.com Elder

John999,

After what I have read on this site, I am prepared and ready to meet them head on.

You once mentioned to me of the Personality Disorder that they labeled you with in service.

Do you ever once recall having all those Psychological Test, that they wish us to have today in order to prove a claim.

I know that I certainly didn't get any.

I know that they are all out to deny me, but I have to play alone with their tricks to beat them in the end.

At least, this is my goal.

Josephine