• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Management Center

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi everyone,

Recieved a phone call today. My claims file has finally made it to a Rater at the Management Center, don't know yet if I will receive another C&P.

After speaking to so many on this site, I feel that I am more than prepared to take on another shrink at the medical center.

Does anyone know what their qualifications have to be, sure hope they can read better than the Psychiatrist at the medical center and the Regional Office. I am thinking that they just have to be able to breathe.

I do understand that the rater is a male.

After the last C&P with the lady Psychiatrist, things sure couldn't get any worse.

Just wanted to know what success has anyone had with their claims and are they fairer with their decisons than the Regional Offices?

Thanks Bunches,

Josephine

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a personality disorder diagnosis after a ten minute exam by a doctor in Vietnam. What can I say? It is outrageous but it happened that way in the bad old days and probably still happens today. Actually, I was suffering a severe disassociative disorder from shock but I was told to suck it up and was immediately sent back to duty.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hoppy and John 999,

In the event the Management Center does leave the C&P opinion by that Dr. Laura Leh. From the Medical Center, I feel that I must take my private medical and military records to show this doctor, where the lies are and how she committed fraud with my records.

I will take the 3 letters written by own physician of 29 years, even if he is a Board Certified Internist,

I most definitely think that I need to take the letter by my treating physician in service, even though, I have not seen him in 42 years, for I baby-sit for him and his wife and he states that he gave me the librium for anxiety and the cafferfot for headaches.

He speaks of his role in my early discharge and sending me to the military psychiatrist.

I have a buddy letter from a wave that was with me in boot camp and at each duty station. He knew of my medications, treatment and was a witness to the swimming pool incidents and the abuse by the physicians at my last duty station.

She was aware that I had put in for a transfer out of there, but had to be discharged before the final papers came through.

I did locate those transfer papers, this last time at the archives.

I have three letters from my pastor who knew me when I was 13 and my mental state before service and after service and he has placed this in writing.

I have taken drugs for 4o years after service for anxiety, depression and headaches.

I do not know for certain, if the managment center will be giving me another C&P, but do want to be prepared.

If I never took a pill for my nerves before service or a pill for a headache, but began this treatmet in service and have continued through out my life, I don't see why they can't put two and two together.

I have bought me a DSM - IV book to read.

Thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine

I think you will win your claim if you just stay on course and get the evidence you have talked about in your posts. If you get a C&P you have your chance to show a new doc your condition and show them the drugs you are taking. You could win this at the C&P. You have evidence but you know the VA likes to drag these things out so don't get discouraged and plan your attack. You know you need your inservice treatment and diagnosis, continuing disability and the nexus. Sounds like you have all three. Did you file within a year of discharge and were denied?