Filed A Benefits Delivery Before Discharge, Seems To Be Working...

Warone

Question

Hi everyone, I've been away from this forum for a while but wanted to say thanks for the help, support and information I gained by reading the quality responses and about others experiences.

I filed for a BDD at exactly the 6 month before retirement day. I'm at the 3 month mark and recieved a call from QTC medical services on Monday and during that one single phone call, the lady told me she had me scheduled the same week for all of my C&P exams... starting on the 21st of Aug 2014. Wow, within the next week I'll get a hearing, x-rays/MRI, Mental Health, eyes, and a few others completed. She told me because I had field a BDD, that my claim was going to be accelerated.

Anyone else experience this same situation?

Also, all of the examiners are within 30 miles of where I live. Wish me luck... Seems like the VA scandals recently may be helping to push the claims through?

3 months to go until retirement... Woohoo!!!!

I wish us older vets (Vietnam, Korea, WW2) would have had the BDD program. I never received any counseling regarding VA benefits prior to my discharge.

I agree for the Vietnam vets. But as far as counceling, it really wasn't that great. They don't tell you that much. They do tell you about the VA website and hand out a Federal Benefits books. I found out about the BDD program through this website (Carlie recommended it, the very same Carly up above this post.) ) and a lot of my own research. Unfortunately, the WWWeb wasn't in place for you guys. Even so, the current vets have to self motivate themselves to get the benefits they deserve. Luckily we have a very good NSO in my area that is more than willing to give you a lot of tips and information for filing. TIP for you future veterans out there... find a good NSO and do what he tells you.

If you know anybody that is leaving the service or retiring, please share this information with them, that's probably the best and most used resource out there. I personally have told about 40-50 guys about this website and I've had a few of them come back and thank me for the information.