VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

County Vso Appt

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

I Have An Appt With A County Vso. Do They Represent The Va At All? Do I Need To Treat It Like Going To A C&p Or Like No Worries And They Are There To Help? Please Respond Asap, Appt In 1 Hr. I Am Worried Now

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

vet201060,

Mike is correct. The county VSO does not work for the VA. If you use a VSO, please do not think you can just turn everything over to them and little or no effort will be required on your part. A lot of VSOs stay very busy and may not have the time available to do a good job on your claim. You are your own best advocate so educate yourself on the VA disability claims process so you can make sure everything possible is being done for your claim to have a successful outcome. Do not let your VSO drop the ball. If they miss a deadline or fail to submit everything required you will be the one to suffer the consequences.

Good luck to you.

I went to appt and the guy was cool and wants to help me out. He works with the other organizations like DAV and American Legion. Thinks I should know something in about 2 weeks after looking at my Ebenefits stuff. I keep looking at the ebenefits site, Drives you crazy waiting for an answer.

I also noticed they keep putting hip strain down for review when it should be sciatica. I went to the Dr in military and told them I have majot hip pain and they put it in my records as hip strain because I didnt even know what sciatica was. I dont know how to have them figure out the connection. I know other vets that have 20% for each leg for the pain.

Edited by vet201060

VSO is a dart throw but good for many who don't want to become amateur lawyers fighting the VA.

That being said, if you feel up to it, it's also good to educate yourself here and have input on your claim. Maybe even assemble evidence and ensure it's submitted because some VSOs are teats on a bull.

Good luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

Just a heads up be sure that County VSO's knows there stuff. Some do but many are just political appointees. I know in Texas that if you are in Collin County John Cook is top notch but most other places in Texas they suck