Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should We Withdraw This Claim?

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

My husband has several claims being considered, one of which is unemployability. This was originally filed due to bad advice from his VSO. After much reading on here, we realize he is not entitled to receive unemployability at this point. He works limited hours due to his disability but, partially due to the fact that I work at the same place and help him often with his work (commission sales), he makes over the threshold. Now, we are wondering if he should request to have the claim dropped for this one contention. It will likely hold up the decisions on the other claims and is just clogging the system for no reason. Had we known then what we know now, we never would have filed it. My main concern with dropping it now is the fear that VA will somehow screw everything up and drop everything or something like that. Or, maybe the process of withdrawing it will cause even more delay.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Kate

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hi Kate,

Please bear in mind that I am not an IU expert, but there are lots of IU experts here

The employment/income verification form might disqualify your husband from qualifying for IU anyway. It might be worth it to let the VA make that decision, just in case he takes a turn for the worse, he would not have to go to the end of the line. Remember, the VA loves denying claims, but they just don't come out and state it.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.