VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Initial Disability Claim Using Fdc Complete. Still Waiting On 1 Year Retro Pay.

Rate this question

MM1SSNukeLELT

Question

Hello fellow veterans. I searched to see if a specific thread already existed that was discussing my situation.

I filed an initial claim for disability back in October, 2013 using the FDC process. I was assisted by National Service Officer for the Disabled American Veterans organization and he was fantastic. My claim was processed and a decision was mailed to me in early May, 2014. I cannot complain about the process and I am pleased that it was completed in relatively short order.

There is one catch. The one year of retroactive benefits pay is still stuck in the payment process. The DAV said that I am eligible and the payment should be processed in 90 to 120 days.

I am seeking other individuals that are in the same situation. Initial claim filed with FDC and decision reached, but still waiting on the 1 year of retro pay which was the proverbial carrot that makes the FDC process worth the extra leg work.

Anyone that has some info on length of time it took them to get the retro pay or other information would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Pat

10 year active duty Navy Vet, MM1/SS

Edited by MM1SSNukeLELT

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

If your retro is over $25,000 it will require approval at a higher level within the VA. However, the additional approval usually does not take much time.

Do you have direct deposit?

Have you changed your bank since October 2013?

Have you moved since May 2014?

Good questions.

Also Have you IRISed them.?

Go to the main VA web site:
http://www.va.gov/

and click on the Contact Us thing to the right and then on the "Ask a Question" thing.

IRIS will pop up and this is the VA response system to your inquiry.

Hopefully you will hear back soon from IRIS . I always suggest getting email or snail mail response.

By phone response they can make anything up.

Folks:

Submitted an infomal claim Dec 2013 to Seattle RO (to save the date) and turned in all SMR/Civilian medical records evidence plus 14 DBQs/C&P "Finsihed" Exams completed/submitted by June 2014 via identical contentions FDC. Saw a great deal of bias in the C&P Exams and how they were conducted? So, only received one RO form letter 95 days later from June/2014 date that said, "sorry we are delayed" and it will take "more time" to complete claim? Even with FDC status being granted an 18 Month expected completion date was set? I later asked for in-person RO Customer Service Team review of my C-file via certified letter and IRIS email. Said they got my request but so far, have not granted an appointment? Unfortunately, my VSO never provided any guidance or real assistance...just acted as a clerk to take my paperwork-medical files. After I turned in my disability claims package to VSO, went by her office 3 days later and package was still sitting on her desk? So, I ended up FedExing package myself to the RO and paid for it? I'm really startiig to think that most of it is the "luck of the draw" in terms of whose desk it ends up at the RO in terms of successful processing and favorable timeliness? I'm an analyst and reveiwed countless VBA, Service Member/Vet Forums,Congressional Reports and studies. So, the claims backlog has been cut from about 600k to 300K claims since last year but the appeals have gone up almost approxiamalty 400% in the same time....that speaks a lot to what is happening....