Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Great News! Finally...

Rate this topic

Tampabud

I checked my benefits letter from ebenefits this morning, and I am greatly relieved and beyond appreciative of the 30% rating my left shoulder received. I have issues with the date they assigned (Feb 2014) when I had originally filed back in April of 2013... now to add my right shoulder as secondary and fight from there. Thank you to the Hadit.com family for the support and advice over the past year.

WONDERFUL!

Maybe the official award letter will have the proper EED......and maybe best to save some of the retro (check your bank as that can come faster than the award letter) in case you need an IMO for the right shoulder.

Congratulations and good luck with your future claims.

If your official notification does not have the correct effective date, send an inquiry to IRIS asking how the ED was determined in your case. Let IRIS know that you disagree with the effective date.

Yeah:

I'm so glad for you..this waiting game is very tough on many of us - and some like me that are not very patient people. Despite a lot of the consternation, I belive that most VBA Rating folks have been working very very hard to take care of our claims? I've read that there's a lot of overtime for them and there's a point where it can be counterproductive? Especially, when they get pressure from both ends from their bosses and vets wanting their own claims done as soon as possible and as accurate as possible -as they rightlfully deserve. I think, a lot of it is about obtaining the proper level of resources and reaching adequate training & manning levels. Also, like training a soldier, airman, sailor, coastie or marine, it takes time to grow and train VBA rating officials. It's interesting because I've learned a lot from this website and am very thankful for those who set-up Hadit.com and the countless contibutors that are assisting us with our claims. I'm an analyst and have really dug into the issues and one thing is for sure is that this disability claims business is an incrediblity complex one. So, when someone like you is happy about their rating and final outcome, it proves despite all of the problems that the system can and does work for vets. Again...congrats to you and yours...

Edited by rootbeer22

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use