VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ro Vscm Sent Me A Status Of Dependents

Rate this question

BoonDoc

Question

I have told you all that I sent in my NOD concerning IU last month. I asked for a "De Novo Review" and gave new information as to why their denial reasons are wrong.

I got a letter today from the VSCM at my RO (same lady who sent me my DRO letter last week) asking me to update my dependent status. I've never had the VA send me one of these, and it has kinda struck me by surprise. When my son, who is in Iraq, turned 18 the VA sent me a letter telling me that in 3 months he would be turning 18, and payments would be ending on his birthday month. I never had to fill out anything, they had it in their computer system.

It says that if I dodn't complete it and send it in within 60 days I will loose dependent pay for my wife and 2 kids at home.

I wonder if this has anything to do with my appeal, or is just a random update of my records.

Have any of you been getting letters like this after you filed an appeal, or anyother time?

Boondoc

Edited by BoonDoc

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it would be just a record update since you are 100% already. More VA paperwork, but do as they want and make copies and send CMRRR(certified mail).

I think it would be just a record update since you are 100% already. More VA paperwork, but do as they want and make copies and send CMRRR(certified mail).

JR Reihs,

I'm not 100% yet, I'm in the appeals process now. I applied for IU, and was denied, but I sent in clear information that should clear up the issue in my favor.

I called in to the 800# and verified my dependents, and I copied it and will send it in certified mail, so they can't cut me off payment for my dependents.

Thanks for the input!

Boondoc

Yep- it is standard procudre to check once in a while on dependents, and even marital status etc---

I got a VA letter-after being widowed for almost 12 years-asking me if I had remarried.

I just had to check the box that said no and send it back to them.

• HadIt.com Elder

OOoopp's My bad.......read your post to fast..........It could also mean that they want to know what amount they will have to backpay you.

OOoopp's My bad.......read your post to fast..........It could also mean that they want to know what amount they will have to backpay you.

I sure hope that's it!

Either way I didn't want to wait and forget about it, so I completed it and sent it back registered priority mail yesterday.

Boondoc