Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Doctor's Credentials

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have tried two sites in this state that provide license numbers for NYS doctors.

I tried many VA doctors I have know or dealt with and their license number popped right up.

However the VA "expert" doctor who rendered an awful opinion on my claim in December (which Dr. Bash completely demolished last month) does not appear to have a license number recorded.

I used the OPMC -Office of Professional Conduct in New York and also they referred me to

NYS Educational Dept -Division of Professional Licensing Services.

Nothing turned up at all for the doctor who wrote this report in my Dec 2005 SSOC.

Does anyone have any idea where else I could attempt to get a VA physician's license number?

I sure hope this doc isn't a wannabee-

When Michael Swango murdered 4 VA patients do any of you recall if his credentials had been questionsed by the VA? It seems they checked that he had a medical license but never checked to see he had any criminal convictions.

http://www.va.gov/oig/51/press2000/Swango-pr.htm

All in all Swango was a serial killer and they believe he killed at least 35 people.

This is an interesting study from GAO- it is regarding Physician credentially in the VA system.

The report makes the point that-had Swango been fingerprinted by VA (I was, as volunteer, and my husband was for employment there-so I wonder how Swango got out of a background check) they could have avoided his causing the deaths of 4 veterans.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have tried two sites in this state that provide license numbers for NYS doctors.

I tried many VA doctors I have know or dealt with and their license number popped right up.

However the VA "expert" doctor who rendered an awful opinion on my claim in December (which Dr. Bash completely demolished last month) does not appear to have a license number recorded.

I used the OPMC -Office of Professional Conduct in New York and also they referred me to

NYS Educational Dept -Division of Professional Licensing Services.

Nothing turned up at all for the doctor who wrote this report in my Dec 2005 SSOC.

Does anyone have any idea where else I could attempt to get a VA physician's license number?

I sure hope this doc isn't a wannabee-

When Michael Swango murdered 4 VA patients do any of you recall if his credentials had been questionsed by the VA? It seems they checked that he had a medical license but never checked to see he had any criminal convictions.

http://www.va.gov/oig/51/press2000/Swango-pr.htm

All in all Swango was a serial killer and they believe he killed at least 35 people.

This is an interesting study from GAO- it is regarding Physician credentially in the VA system.

The report makes the point that-had Swango been fingerprinted by VA (I was, as volunteer, and my husband was for employment there-so I wonder how Swango got out of a background check) they could have avoided his causing the deaths of 4 veterans.

Berta,

Have you tried the NY State Medical Board yet?

Here's a link to the Federation of State Medical Boards site for physcians credentials, etc. and they gather their info. from every state board and make it available, for a fee of course! Probally just like you tried?

http://www.docinfo.org/ the page is linked to the FSMB website:

http://www.fsmb.org/

Boondoc

• HadIt.com Elder

You know they have PA's do C&P exams sometimes and nurses also from what I hear. You talk about a complete lack of respect for veterans. Where I am they ususally get resisdents from the medical school next door to do the C&P exams.

Berta:

My last Primary Doctor with VA that I use to see anytime I went to the local Clinic told me that the VA Doctors don't have to be licensed they just have to have gone through Medical School. Her name was Dr. Haynes (Columbus, Ga) and we had become kind of close. She said only when you work for the Federal Government (Military/VA) that you don't have to be licensed as a Doctor to perform as one.

This came straight from her mouth. You can just straight out ask someone at the VA though.

Michelle

• HadIt.com Elder

Once I had to take a nerve conduction test that requiresan MD to give it and found out that my tester was a German Med student who quit school. He said the VA uses all kinds of people who do not have the proper credentials.

I got her license number last night- thanks all-

now I will get a run down on her to see how much of an "expert" she really is.