VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Happens When You Put In A Claim For Tdiu?

Rate this question

killemall

Question

Basically I meet the requirements.

Im currently unemployed and I have a 50% rating for hearing loss and a 10% rating for tinitus. They are both from the same group and combine to 55% and round up to 60% by VA math.

I also have shoulder and wrist disabilities that have my overall rating at 70%.

This all became effective in September 2014 (last month)

Tdiu was not inferred in my BBE.

I feel that I meet the requierments but aIm afraid to take the plunge.

Specifically Ive herd that when you apply for tdiu that they make you do c@p exams. Im quite happy with my 50% rating for hearing loss and Im afraid that if I have to do another c@p for my hearing loss that my rating for hearing loss could potentially be reduced. It could just aslikely be increased however I would hate to mess up a good thing.

So is that how it works? Do I have to do c@ps all over again if I claim tdiu or am I getting bad information?

Thank you for any help

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi,

I was just approved to TDIU and mine started the same as yours, with a request for increase. With a new combined rating of 80%, I too thought that they would infer IU but I was told by my VSO that they no longer infer a claim of TDIU(this is what I was told), so we had to file a separate claim for IU. We did this right away, I mean they were processing the claim for IU less the 70 days after the C&P for the org request for increase. So in my case, they just sent the request to the Dr that had just performed my C&P and he wrote his opinion, I was not required to go to another C&P. So if your last exam was really close to this new claim, they might not schedule you for another one. Good luck and I hope it works out.

AJ