Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I once put in a request for some Hospital records to help on a claim.

Was told records had been retired. Taken off computer.

After VA did all they could they could not find where they had retired my records to.

Was suppossed to be in one of 2 places utthey could never find them hence I had no evidence.

The bVA even remanded this claim to the RO but RO still couldn't find them so than it was OK at BVA as the RO had did all it could. hmmmmmmmm I sometimes wonder if they did.

gdsnide,

Have you ever contacted the St. Louis Arcives yourself and tell them exactly what records that you are looking for? That is exactly how I secured mine. The R. O did nothing to get my records, the Arcives said that they didn't even place the request.

You may want to do it.

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine

The military and VA can be very sloppy about record keeping. I was evaluated for TMJ in 1969 while in the Army. I tried to make a claim years later and found out that the doctor had simply written "evaluation" under the diagnosis/prognosis section of his report. He never mentioned TMJ by name. I lost my claim because the SMR's were "silent on the issue of TMJ. I was on a levy for Vietnam. I bet the orders were that the medical staff was to ship ever swinging $#@# to Nam unless they are dead or dying.

5 month of mental health treatment records from my last duty station are missing, or the doctor never took notes believe it or not. I was given a battery of psychological tests at the VA in 1972. They are all missing from my C-File. The things that are not missing are the reports that point to a personality disorder.

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine

The military and VA can be very sloppy about record keeping. I was evaluated for TMJ in 1969 while in the Army. I tried to make a claim years later and found out that the doctor had simply written "evaluation" under the diagnosis/prognosis section of his report. He never mentioned TMJ by name. I lost my claim because the SMR's were "silent on the issue of TMJ. I was on a levy for Vietnam. I bet the orders were that the medical staff was to ship ever swinging $#@# to Nam unless they are dead or dying.

5 month of mental health treatment records from my last duty station are missing, or the doctor never took notes believe it or not. I was given a battery of psychological tests at the VA in 1972. They are all missing from my C-File. The things that are not missing are the reports that point to a personality disorder.

Hi John 999,

I think that the doctors in service are versed on what to write down and what to leave out. I would imagine that someone told some record keeper to destroy those 5 months of your health treatment.

Yes, any indication of a personality disorder is always in your claims file.

That is exactly what they have tried to do to me all these years, and I have just had enough.

The doctors know that they won't pay for a Personality diorder and I think to this day that is why the BVA wants to know" What is the reason for my early discharge".

I feel that I should have received a medical discharge. Why else would I have a piece of paper from The Department of Navy and signed by my commanding Officer. Give her a 460, but keep it hidden.

In all the times that I have requested all of my adminstrative records from the St. Louis Archives, not once was this paper enclosed.

My request for a Transfer out of Washington to Hampton, has only been enclosed with my last batch of records from the Archives, which I received in June.

When I requested all of my medical and adminstrative records in 1979, these papers were never enclosed and neither were the psychiatric records.

I believe that I received them, as the technician from the Archives, called me on the phone and ask me specifically what I was looking for.

John,

Have you contacted the St. Louis Archives and ask them to do a through search for your medical, psychiatric and administrative records and ask them to call you, as they have called me twiced in the last 6 months.

You can then tell them the exact date and place of the record that you need.

You do know that any Psychiatric Records are kept separate from your other medical records.

I have found them all to be very courteous and oh, so helpful.

It worked for me and it may be worth a try to do this yourself.

Thanks for reading my post, as it is always appreciated.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine