VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Odd Timeline - Then A Restart

Rate this question

JCOAGCPT

Question

First off, my claim has progressed swiftly, so I don't want this to sound like a complaining post while I know others have it way worse off!

Here's my timeline:

Claim Received - 4/24/2014

Under Review - 6/27/2014

Gathering of Evidence - 9/16/2014

Review of Evidence - 9/16/2014

Prep for Decision - 9/16/2014

Pending Decision Approval - 9/30/2014

Prep for Notification - RETURN TO "Pending Decision Approval" - 10/28/2014

So - Evidence was totally submitted on 9/16, and went straight to Pending Decision Approval. It spent two weeks there before going to Pending Decision approval, where it sat for 4 weeks. Then today, it went back to "Pending Decision Approval" with the note, "Change of Status: We determined that your claim needed additional review. If additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from us explaining what is needed."

It's estimating the phase completion date to be 11/2-12/2014.

I'm trying not to speculate, but does anyone have any idea why it would rush through Review and prep for decision so fast? And more importantly, why would it get turned back at Preparation for Notification??

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks! I researched that possibility, and it seems like the only reason it would do that is either because it had to go to the VSCM because the retro is over $25k or the because the VSR is a new and someone is checking their work. It's impossible for my retro to be over $25k since I got out August 1st. The VSR being new seems to be more plausible since it did go through that phase awfully quick.

I'm checking ebennies 3-4 times a day now waiting for that status to update!

Did you have C&Ps? My husband's claim was filed in April and went straight to review of evidence for several months, then to pending decision approval for one week before being sent to gathering evidence and C&Ps were then ordered. Those are taking place next week.

Kate

Did you have C&Ps? My husband's claim was filed in April and went straight to review of evidence for several months, then to pending decision approval for one week before being sent to gathering evidence and C&Ps were then ordered. Those are taking place next week.

Kate

I did! I had my C&Ps late June/early July. I was in Phoenix, so thanks to the news crisis, I was passed to an outsourced contractor who sent me to 6 C&P exams in a week.

After eBennies came back up - it says I'm now back in Prep for notification. Hopefully no more going back. Fingers crossed!

Actions bouncing around on ebenefits is normal - glad to see any action at all.

jmho