VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused On Few Things.

Rate this question

armyveteran2014

Question

Hi, found this forum about a year ago and it has been tremendously helpful, will be donating soon as I saw something before I was about to post this. I'll keep it short and to the point. I have been recently received my VA disability %. It is at 80%. 70% ptsd 10% shoulder strain and 10% tinnitus. I just find this hard to believe the VA is going to compensate me for my disabilities haha. I really want to seek treatment and have recently been given meds that don't work. Basically my question is, how do I receive treatment without jeapordizing my benefits? I feel like the VA is interogating me every time time I go. Maybe I'm being paranoid, I'm just asking for guidance and help, thank you hadit!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the great advice. No I did not have a VA rep. I haven't heard anything about tdiu. I do try to work but it is hard most of the time with me missing days and some days things just not "clicking", if that makes sense. I got denied for IBS, I'm not a doctor but I shouldn't have stomach pains and have to go to the bathroom this much at 25. The VA said lack of evidence. Should I go the VA vet centers and get another diagnosis and do an appeal? Hopefully that will jump me to 100%, which would be a great stress relief witb bills, rent, and etc. Again thanks for the help.

We all feel that way sometimes but still, it pays to file for anything you could be compensated for,

I forget ...are you OIF.OEF or GWV? The Gulf War regs apply to all OIF/OIF as well as Gulf War vets because the Gulf War has not ended yet.

Plenty here on IBS and how VA handles those claims.

armyveteran2014,

Just for clarification to your reply to Carlie, I do not believe she was telling you to go to the "smaller (VAMC outpatient) clinics instead of the main hospital." She was suggesting you go to the VA Vet Centers which are totally separate from the VAMC hospitals and outpatient clinics. You should be able to go to the VA website to find the VA Vet Center nearest to your location. Also, check your local phone book.

Listen to Carlie and Berta. In my opinion, they are the most knowledgeable members on the Hadit website and they give great advice.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.