VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams /moving Cfile

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

We need some advise, please. The last day we lived in our home area before we moved my husband had a C&P exam. On the appt. notice from the VA to my husband , it called the exam a "disability exam". The NP at the clinic did the exam and at the end of the exam told my husband he should hear something from the VA in about 3 months. Her exam seemed to be a DMII exam with questions about heart, PN, ED, etc. she covered most of the physical stuff very breifly. Not PTSD.

We just made to our new home area in Texas. We went to multiple clinics yesterday but at one of the clinics we were referred to a gentlemen with the Texas Veterans Commision. He talked with us and then made a telephone call to our OLD RO asking the status of the claim.

The OLD RO office told him they were waiting for records. Now Everything seemed to be going smoothly and I have no idea what records they could be waiting for except possibly SMR's to support my husbands PTSD claim. We were told by the National Records Archive that all SMRs had been sent to the VARO. What gives?

Unless they meant they were waiting for the records from the recent C&P. Evidently they were not specific with the TVC guy.

This TVC gentlemen said we need to move the claim here because my husband needs to have many more C&P exams having to do with the claim. DMII, PTSD, CAD etc. I don't want to slow things down by moving the file, but if he needs more exams he doesn't want to travel back to California for exams. Should we call the 800 number and see what they tell us. The last time we checked by email, they said they didn't want to interfear with the claim as things were progressing.

Sure could use some advise. Please tell us what you think.

My husband has NOT been service connected at all, continue to wait for the AO DMII service connectin.

Thanks everyone, Jangrin :rolleyes:

Edited by jangrin

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin

I think it is better for your new RO to have the files even if it slows things down a bit. You don't want the new RO to make a decision without the information in your files. That will really slow things down. My only worry is getting all your information from one RO to the next. I don't know and you don't know what your old RO is waiting as far as records. The old RO has to get the records and then forward them to your new RO. It is going to take some time for everything to get to the right place. The main thing is that you get all the records and they don't get lost in the process.

Jangrin- I sure agree with John that you want the RO you are dealing with now to have the complete records.

A few years ago my RO moved down the street to a different building.

I had visions of dozens of VARO employees carrying stacks of c files down the block on windy days-and was sure my c file contents would end up blowing away to somewhere in Maine instead of Buffalo NY.

Actually the RO transition went very smoothly but still anytime a VARO moves or a veterans moves it sure pays to make sure everything gets to where it should be.

Would the TVC guy be able to formally hold your POA?

He will be a good contact to make sure the VARO has what they need for a proper decision.

DMII with complications does involve many C & Ps.And it seems the PTSD C & P exam is needed too.

It does sound like they are certainly working on his DMII claim-maybe they have enough information from the C & P doctor he saw -to decide it- hard to know.

Another good reason to get a POA with this guy is in case, due to the move- that your mail could be held up-

and -if it is from VA-it certainly might be important. With your POA he would get copies of anything they send to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

The Texas Veteran's Commission guys are employees of the State of Texas. They are SOs just like, for example, the SOs for the VVA, American Legion, etc. Matter-of-fact, they represent many of these Service Organizations. My POA is through the TVC but with the Vietnam Veterans ( and Alex (thanks, Dude) ).