VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Your Recent Experiences With The Seattle Regional Office

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

I've had a First Time FDC claim in to the Seattle Regional Office for 6 months now and it's till in the "Review Stage"? I'd like to hear more from other Vets who have used or are using the Seattle Regional Office on what their experiences have been which includes both successes and major challenges to date with the staff and their processes? So far, I've read about their last OIG evaluation back in 2011 which talks about some issues that arose there - but nothing really unique to that office? However, that's been many years and I think it's time for a fresh look at what's happening there now with Veterans? My recent issue is that I asked for an in person review of my C-File months ago and did not hear back until finally last week. Then I received a letter giving me their published hours and an invitation to just come by and that someone from Customer Service would let me review my C-file? From my research, the Seattle RO has had the reputation of having some of the longest wait times for processing claims in the country - but I'm not sure if it's getting better or worse nowadays? I do know that they are a very large regional office and they process a lot claims annually.

Please let me and the group know about your experinces if your VA Disability claim is going thru the Seattle RO?

Edited by rootbeer22

An Attorney who used to come on this forum, formerly worked for the va. named Paul . Many times he advised them, that A mountain of claims was coming to the VA, He warned them for years, they ignored him, and then when the shit started hitting the fan, they started crying uncle.

The VA propaganda machine tries to twist everything around, and make it seem like its everyone fault but thiers. Dont fall for the excuses.

The Govt saw how Afghanistan shredded the Russians. The Govt saw how Iraq was an impossible war to win yet they sent us anyway.(several times)

They knew it was coming but didnt care.

63Sierra:

I agree with some of your sentiments, and it's always interesting to peel back the onion and see the real motivations behind going into conflicts around the

world. One is that it can be very profitable for some very estblished people and companies that provide much of the services and equipment in conflict. Eisenhower warned about this after WWII and we've been involved with a steady stream of conflicts from then on. Earlier when I was in college, a noted professor said that all wars have a significant economic component to them? Being very young then, I dismissed that idea? It was only one day when I was in Kuwait during the 90's when a an American Oil expert was telling a group of us military officers, including myself, how wonderful, sweet and clean Kuwaiti Oil was until one officer very unemotionally commented that that "oil is now laced with american blood" as we were leaving. Frankly, I've heard comments lately that Vets are clogging up the disability claims system by asking for too much? Frankly, they should read some of the stories in this forum of how vets are spending years and years fighting claims and appeals and how hard it is to win sometimes? Overall, I see this disability system as a cost that recognises the sacrifices that military members and their family make to support their country. Some point out the small minority that games the system but for each of those, there are thousands more that have had their cases sitting in appeals for years to get much latr what they probably need right now...but in a few years. Some actually die, before their claims are finished which is a shame?

63Sierra:

I agree with some of your sentiments, and it's always interesting to peel back the onion and see the real motivations behind going into conflicts around the

world. One is that it can be very profitable for some very estblished people and companies that provide much of the services and equipment in conflict. Eisenhower warned about this after WWII and we've been involved with a steady stream of conflicts from then on. Earlier when I was in college, a noted professor said that all wars have a significant economic component to them? Being very young then, I dismissed that idea? It was only one day when I was in Kuwait during the 90's when a an American Oil expert was telling a group of us military officers, including myself, how wonderful, sweet and clean Kuwaiti Oil was until one officer very unemotionally commented that that "oil is now laced with american blood" as we were leaving. Frankly, I've heard comments lately that Vets are clogging up the disability claims system by asking for too much? Frankly, they should read some of the stories in this forum of how vets are spending years and years fighting claims and appeals and how hard it is to win sometimes? Overall, I see this disability system as a cost that recognises the sacrifices that military members and their family make to support their country. Some point out the small minority that games the system but for each of those, there are thousands more that have had their cases sitting in appeals for years to get much latr what they probably need right now...but in a few years. Some actually die, before their claims are finished which is a shame?

Great post, this explains why the chinese are doing so well, they are smart, they dont go stick there nose in every conflict they can.,

Also consider this, how many veterans especially vietnam veterans who had ptsd and other major issues never recieved a dime of compensation, or a smidgion of care from the VA? Im sure its 10s of thousands. I believe that the VA just got so used to a very small percentage of veterans actually getting thier deserved healthcare and compensation, it just became SOP.

Fast forward to the " internet age".. Before the internet age, whatever coors lite Carl down at the local watering hole told you was all you knew. Hell I didnt even know I could get care from the VA until 2004 when I became gravely ill. If it hadnt been for a niegbor down the street, I may not be here today. Veterans being discharged nowdays are being informed and transitioned into the VA system.

Furthermore almost anything you want to know, can become your intellectual property in a matter of seconds or minutes.

This has created a transparency that is light years ahead of where it was just 15 years ago. These current day veterans are very well informed.

The entire mindset and culture of the VA needs to change and accept that the number of claims they are dealing with will be quite high, from now until the end of time. The free soldier is gone and gone for good.

And furthermore, the VA needs to recognize that there is a special bond between veterans, a mutual respect and sense of caring for each other. So the more they try to stick it to us, the more we try to inform other vets what is going on. Its just how we are.

Rootbeer thank you for your service.

Our unit hauled tracks for old ironsides out of friedburg .Germany. I ran behind those M1 Abrams MANY mornings for fitness training. Whatever those tanks burn has a very odd smell. Almost a sickly sweet smell. Everybody would cough and complain of eyes burning.

The memory of scent is one of the most easily recalled memories a human has and I can still recall exactly what it smells like today.

Edited by 63SIERRA

They will not even answer Patty Murray's office. When asked why they answered "Because we don't have to."

Like I said before, since 1984 I have never had a claim take less than 2 years.

If you want to write an article I can put you in contact with many veterans who have had their claims denied on the whim of an ro.