Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 Months Into Meb-> Bi-Polar Changed To Anxiety Disorder (Nos) And Personality Disorder... ..what..?

Rate this question

mullensk

Question

Hello to all, I am new here on the forum; however, I had a question that would really set me at ease to get an answer on.

My military psychiatrist gave me a diagnosis of BI-POLAR DISORDER and initiated a MEB process on me right before getting sent to an acute behavioral treatment facility for 35 days.

There, I received a diagnosis of PTSD and DEPRESSIVE DISORDER (NOS)... A MEB was started on me and now I am in WTU, a MEB for bi-polar disorder. After those really long ass NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING PAPERWORK CAME BACK, the psychiatrist then changed my diagnosis to ANXIETY DISORDER (NOS) AND PERSONALITY DISORDER.

I don't know what to do right now.

From the very beginning I was in disagreement with his bi-polar diagnosis and I even let him know that, but he still kept it.

I suffered an accident over a year ago that brought on all of my symptoms that I currently suffer from now. What should I do? Will they attempt to stop my MEB?..

I already have QTC appointments set up for 2 days from now... Can QTC rule that my diagnosis should in-fact be PTSD? IS ANXIETY DISORDER (NOS) EVEN A BOARDABLE CONDITION?

WILL THE PERSONALITY DISORDER LABELS INTERFERE WITH ANYTHING?

I have already contacted JAG and will be waiting to hear back from them after the weekend. I hope I may be able to straighten all of this mess out soon.

Thank you!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Founder

hi you may also want to check out Active Duty MEB/PEB Physical OR Medical Evaluation Forum it is not associated with hadit.com but it does deal with MEB/PEB for active duty and probably would be able to give you some advice on the active duty side.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

screw job? And will the PEB overlook the personality disorder and even possibly QTC revise the Anxiety Disorder into what it should be?

Can Anxiety disorder still be boardable? Can I still be honorably discharged with a personality disorder on there? And how can I make my point that my psychiatrist is a dumbass listing off Avoidant and Dependant personality disorders on top of Anxiety (NOS) like he doesn't even want to give a diagnosis. Can JAG/IDES psychiatrists fix this?

"I suffered an accident over a year ago that brought on all of my symptoms that I currently suffer from now."

Was this an accident that caused you to have a documented concussion or a potential TBI diagnosis?

What is the nexus between the accident and "all of the symptoms" you currently have?

"I already have QTC appointments set up for 2 days from now... Can QTC rule that my diagnosis should in-fact be PTSD?"

Possibly but not enough info here to even guess.

"WILL THE PERSONALITY DISORDER LABELS INTERFERE WITH ANYTHING?"

Possibly as well.

"I have already contacted JAG and will be waiting to hear back from them after the weekend. I hope I may be able to straighten all of this mess out soon."

Yes, good idea,.You need to talk to a JAG and a PEBLO (unless the JAG acts in that role as well)

This , as well as the link Tbird gave you, are excellent links:

http://nlgmltf.org/military-law-library/publications/military-medical-policies/

This is the DOD document ( January 2014 version) referenced in the above link:

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/133214p.pdf

Personality disorder situations are on page 14.

I assume there are no serious detrimental records or charges in your 201 file.

I mentioned concussion and TBI because their residuals can often appear as changes to one's personality.

I also suggest that you get a complete copy of all of your military records when you are disacharged and get a list of 'buddys', in your unit and their contact info, if , as a veteran, you need to contact them for your VA claim.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.