VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will Someone Help Me With This Question ?

Rate this question

carlie

Question

While a vet has some claim issues currently pending at the BVA Appeal level --

is the VARO allowed to continue to evaluate and provide rating decisions - on other issues that the veteran currently has pending on the VARO level ?

I feel like I should already know the answer but can't remember.

Thanks to all,

carlie

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie:

I don't know the answer for sure I know that issues can be deferred but it seems that VA has been pretty consistent of using any excuse to hold or delay.

I have two claims that have been pending since July 05. My formal appeal was not received by my RO until Mar 06. Now they tell me that the reason that my two new claims are almost 18 months old is that I filed an appeal and I must know that I have only one file which has been at the Appeals Management area since Mar 06 so there is no way they have been able to work on my new claims. Looks like although the RO still has the file they are intent on dragging out the decision on the new claims until we get through the BVA with my appeal.

Also I have seen several post on hadit which stated that they have had their video teleconference with BVA. During the meeting they have asked specific questions which were met with "we do not have your file yet therefore I have not reviewed it". Now if this is true is this not a waste of time for everyone involved. Holding a conference without having the file there in front of them is useless for all involved. Well I guess stranger things have happend during the claims processing model for VA.

ricky

• HadIt.com Elder
I have two claims that have been pending since July 05. My formal appeal was not received by my RO until Mar 06. Now they tell me that the reason that my two new claims are almost 18 months old is that I filed an appeal and I must know that I have only one file which has been at the Appeals Management area since Mar 06 so there is no way they have been able to work on my new claims. Looks like although the RO still has the file they are intent on dragging out the decision on the new claims until we get through the BVA with my appeal.

Also I have seen several post on hadit which stated that they have had their video teleconference with BVA. During the meeting they have asked specific questions which were met with "we do not have your file yet therefore I have not reviewed it". Now if this is true is this not a waste of time for everyone involved. Holding a conference without having the file there in front of them is useless for all involved. Well I guess stranger things have happend during the claims processing model for VA.

ricky

"we do not have your file yet therefore I have not reviewed it"

I see a procedural error here. All evidence should be at the hearing, which includes your claim file.

pr