Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eyeglasses

Rate this question

95bmp

Question

It is my understanding that a veteran who has been service connected for any condition, regardless of the disability rating percentage, is eligible for free eyeglasses and hearing aids. There are also other categories of vets who would also be eligible for free eyeglasses including former POWs, Purple Heart recipients, etc.

Jbasser is correct. The disability rating has to be a compensable rating so it would be a minimum of 10%.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think a lot of vets are not getting their proper benefits because they don't know they have them.

VA eyes Glasses and Hearing Aids are the best and top of the line!

I use a pair of Bluetooth capability BTE Phonak Hearing Aids it has this device you where around your neck and a program to help you hear better over the phone,&the TV sounds through like you have headphones on.

I can not hear a dial tone with or with out them but I hear people voices better & some times I have problems if they have a soft voice but if that person is talking loud and clear I usually have no problem ..I been thinking about getting one of those telecaption montiers to read what people say because I have to ask them to re-pete themselves a lot and I know that is frustrating just ask my spouse!

You are right Buck. The VA could do a lot better job making vets aware of the benefits they are entitled to receive.