Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Different Vamc?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Why is it that some VAMC do things different? I have used different VAMC for things (medical) that my own VAMC would not....like setting up appointments in a timely manner ect,,or they don't to that particular procedure!

This don't make a lick of sense to me, so if my VAMC won't do something or give me an appointment for under 30 days, I seek help eles where.

I don't trust the Choice Card for feebase Dr's even with approval!!!... Sure heck I did I'd end up paying the whole Bill.

So I call Another VAMC , Actually its my old VAMC I where I use to live I used them back in the middle 80's, well I moved since then ...and here lately bout the last 2 years the VAMC I use now not doing things right and takes forever to get appointment or you wait 45 60 75 days and when it gets close to your appointment they tell you your appointment has be reschedule.

I call my old VAMC and they set me up an Appointment within 2 weeks so the 300 mile drive is worth it to me...although the trip tires me out its still cheaper that paying a private Dr when my own darn VAMC Won't

I wish they would just close all the VAMC down and give the veteran a card to carry for fee base medical card from any qualified healthcare provider.

I understand its hard to get appointment tomorrow but when Veteran needs to be seen medically they should be able to work that veteran in in a timely manner within the 30 days at the very least. I understand to if its an emergency they go to the ER and that's where they will probably die (waiting all day/night to be seen.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Unfortunately, that's what "free care" gets you. I use my Medicare and my Medicare supplement plan. I may have to pay a little out of pocket but at least I have a "choice." I find the VAMC's often reschedule appointments. This is their way of appearing to see the veteran in a timely manner but not really doing it. Just another way of juggling to books, so they get their bonuses.

jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree, if it ain't one thing its something else, sure hope Robert McDonald can get things better for all veterans!

I see no change in the VA here in Dallas!

I am tired of being treated like Number & most vets are.

seems they put on a show when Robert McDonald( investigating Crew) came through back in the summer, not sure what all happen but Dallas didn't get a good rating with them, now there gone (Inv crew) things seem to be going back like they were, altho a lot of Dr's left and new ones came in but the system its self has not changed ( yet anyway.)

I did get an appointment I been trying to get for two years I go Feb 23rd so maybe that's a change.

Its just very overwhelming here over-crowded everyday! and mistakes are made bad ones.

Thanks Philip & N Kelly

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!