Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Feeling Crummy

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been feeling crummy lately. I am going to see a cardiologist/internal med. guy close by. The VA is worthless to me. They tell me something is wrong with my heart and that's it. No tests, no follow-up etc. I got problems from various injuries and illness, but if I keep using the VA I will be dead. That is how I feel about it. I tell them about insomnia, foot trouble and neck pain and they have nothing for me. All the worry about is me OD'ing on pain meds. No options. VA Healthcare System? What system?

John

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

John999 go to the ER and tell them you need checked out hard time breathing and your having bad chest pains you need some test done EKG's and maybe a heart catheter test... that requires major testing for blockages.

if your pcp won't listen to you go to ER and maybe change your pcp. ask for another Doc.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Sad to say that I agree with you bud. I too have had multiple issues with the VA health care over the last two years. I have fired my VA Crohns Dr a few times, but will have to go back to them soon for more meds. I can use the Civilian Docs as I have Tricare and SSDI Insurance, but I try to keep everything in the VA, so they never try to pull any crap. I always seem to be sitting in the middle of the crap, that can go either way. We are all just broken down and tired of being sick, hurt or sad, over what the Govt did to us, and thru us out like the trash on Monday morning!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to a good local private cardiologist today. He says what the VA came up with is probably a false positive. However, since I have risk factors I am getting another stress test. He says only if something shows up would he go for the heart cath. I just happen to have 4 out of five risk factors mostly due to AO exposure one way or the other. I already get 60% SC for the heart from VA. I am not really sure how I got that except CT scan showed calcification of arteries in my left leg, and from there we got to CAD. Hey, it got me "S" so even if it is false positive I am not going to argue with the All Knowing VA. I tell you the VA is wrong often just due to piss poor care and unprofessionalism. If they told me I had a brain tumor and without immediate surgery I would die I would not believe them. I would get a second opinion. The VA was opened up to all vets without adequate funding. They have been running to catch up ever since. Now we all get substandard care.

John