Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthevet Blue Button ... Premium Account.. Get It !

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

Heres an easy way to get a complete copy of your VA medical records and keep track of your health. you can send messages directly to your doctors office, request meds, read clinical notes , request appointments ect. ect.

first go to the MYHEALTHEVET and register, then apply for a premium account. this is free.

You have to get an authentication which is easy, just download the form, sign it and mail it to your VAMC. If your account is not upgraded to premium in around 30 days, call your local VAMC and request to talk to the myhealthevet authentication guy.

Once you have your premium account, you dont have to call the 1800 call center to send information that often gets lost or miscommunicated to your primary care professionals. You can send it directly to your doctors office. The great thing about this, is you have a record of the exact mesage you sent them, there is a "read reciept" That shows that your message has been recieved and read, and who read it.

Also, you can download and read or save a PDF file of your ENTIRE medical records files from the day you started recieving care to present.

when you need this information you can simply open your file, click print page, and you have it instantly.

I just downloaded and saved over a thousand pages.

World class healthcare. That would be grand. If the VA can't provide it then they should pay for it. I much rather be treated by docs that actually care about my health and have a vested interest in my care. Don't get me wrong I know there are good VA docs out there, however, they are hard to come by. I like the eVet. there's is loads of information there and a good record of your visits, exams, and results. CONTUNUITY.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

when you send a secure message to your primary team, send every message as a stand alone message that could be understood what you were trying to communicate by anyone reading it. for example..

Greetings dr doolittle, im having a moderate reaction to the new meds you prescribed, what should I do, discontinue, come, in, or keep taking it?

Nurse message that she will get back with you soon, but 3 days go by and you hear nothing,.

dont just send in a message saying, " have you heard anything yet" ?

Send in a message like this..

Greetings nurse Pizmehoff, I messaged you on oct 3 2014 in regards to my medication giving me the runs, I requested that you contact DR Doolittle, and find out what I should do. It has now been 3 days since my original communication, and I havent heard back from anyone. can you plz check into this ASAP. my phone numbers are l xxx-xxx-xxx , xxx-xxx-xxx. You can call me, or message me, I rather a message, I am waiting, thanks. Joe vet/

Edited by 63SIERRA

In case the masses havent realized yet, the VA seems to want to put a " human telephone messaging system" in between the veteran and the VA in every instance they can. This creates " plausible deniability".. if the primary clinic drops the ball, how can you prove they even got the message. If they decide to cancel an appointment last minute who can prove the messaging service actually didnt call you ..

In my humble opinion, if a medical facility cannot even take the time to speak with you and makes you send information second hand thru a messaging system, the facility should be shut down . There are too any mistakes that can happen. This isnt a telemarketing operation, this is our health, our lives. How did things ever get this bad???