VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Closed My Appeal - That I Just Filed?

Rate this question

TiredCoastie

Question

At this point, I'm hoping that there must be some mistake within the 'tron factory that operates eBenefits. At least I'm hoping beyond hope that's the case but have a bad feeling about this. Anyone else have this kind of scare?

My C-file and appeal have been sitting at our local RO waiting to transfer to the BVA. So I've been patiently watching it do nothing for the last couple of months, even after getting a phone call from the RO telling me that they were about to transfer it maybe a month ago.

This morning, eBenefits showed no motion, like usual.

Tonight, when I logged on to check, I found that the appeal has been closed by the BVA, jumping straight to the "Decision & Claims File Dispatch" phase (over stuff like "With the VLJ") with the following note:

Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

Huh? My Form 9 was submitted in mid-November 2014. This ISN'T the years of waiting everyone else is talking about. There must be a problem.

AB8 shows no change to my combined rating.

I've emailed the BVA Ombudsman asking for their assistance (thanks, Berta, for keeping that contact info in the forefront).

Is this some sort of mistake? Why would the BVA return my claim file to the VAMC, not the RO? Could the BVA have decided that not enough information had been gathered by the RO to make a decision either way? But why close the appeal, if that's the case?

Could it be that the RO's mistake was so blaringly obvious that it was remanded immediately upon opening? Or is my appeal that screwed up? Or is this just another eBenefit's hiccup?

Hey been off the site for a while. Came across this post. I am in the same boat. E benefits told me the same thing along with Iris and Peggy. I guess at this point we have to wait and see what comes in the mail. I pray for us all that it is good news! I will keep you posted. BTW BVA told me that my claim never made it to them and what ever decision was made it was at the RO.

Interesting. Makes you wonder how many more of us are in the same situation? Also makes you wonder what the outcome is going to be? Haven't seen anything new or different on my end, including any sort of letter stating my appeal and C-file was transferred to the BVA. But when some bit of news comes in, will post as soon as possible. Customer Service Center's IRIS says that a decision appears to have been made and is at the RO being reviewed and processed. Keep praying! It's going to be either very good or very bad for us both. Starting to think about how to appeal to CAVC.

i think that is whats happening tredcoastie...im out of the d=san diego office and there claims have dropped aswell. ALSO an update on mine,, just got confirmation from 202 BVA # that yes, it looks as my 2 were decided because there is no way for ebenefits to show that they merged them into just 1 appeal. so she looked them up and yes i have 1 appeal with 4 issues instead of having 3 appeals at same time. thats why peggy says a decision was made but peggy is wrong to say that. yes a decision was made to merge all appeals into 1... anyway now i wait for the hearing. good news is i got a docket number and a 90 letter.

So why would eBenefits say the same thing for you as it does for me if we have almost totally different situations? There must be some sort of new procedure that's fouling up the way "decisions" are being communicated. Sure, a "decision" got made in your appeals! Someone clicked the wrong button by accident somewhere. Is there a newly hired section of staff or a rotional group TDY at the BVA handling this new quick review?

At least you know where you stand, Paul. Still, it looks like you're in for a long wait. May God bless your patience!

Hey talked with VSO on Friday the 13th......Well it looks like I am now pending a second signature. Whatever that means. I will continue to wait and see. Won't really know anything till I see something in black and white.

You only need two signatures ( 1 VSR and 1 RVSR or DRO) for anything under $25,000. award. Three if it goes over including either the VSCM or AVSCM. Good Luck.

Hey talked with VSO on Friday the 13th......Well it looks like I am now pending a second signature. Whatever that means. I will continue to wait and see. Won't really know anything till I see something in black and white.

Thanks, FLTMEDOPS! Hopefully mine will be good news as well.

And hopefully they'll be tracking down that third signature for you!

Thanks Askrod and TiredCoastie. Means a lot knowing that we are not alone. Just being patient with the process and learning as we go. Will keep everyone updated.

Thanks Askrod and TiredCoastie. Means a lot knowing that we are not alone. Just being patient with the process and learning as we go. Will keep everyone updated.

You bet!

Did you ever get anything in the mail from the BVA telling you about whatever decision they did or didn't make? Nothing has shown up here yet.