Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t But Receiving $537.97 Only

Rate this question

OKIexpat

Question

Hello everyone. I’m new here. I apologize if I posted this question in the wrong forum/thread. I retired 08/31/2013 (eBenefits initiated my claim 9/01/2013 and finally closed 02/11/2015). According to eBenefits I’m 100% P&T. I’m still waiting for the big brown envelope.

On AB8 info, my gross benefit amount is $3,198.97. However, my current monthly award is only $537.97. It also states that the effective date of the last change to my current award was December 01, 2014.

I have no clue what is the VA or DFAS calculation process. My question is, if my gross benefit amount is $3,198.97, why am I getting only $537.97 monthly and what is the effective date of the last change December 01, 2014? About the amount, it looks like they added $537.97 to my military retirement pay which adds up to a total of $3,198.97. It doesn’t make sense if I am 100%.

I’d really appreciate it if someone can explain this to me. Thank you all for your service!

Edited by OKIexpat

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Check out how the CRDP and CRSC payments are calculated.

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/special-pay/comparing-crsc-and-crdp.html

http://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/payment.html

If you are eligible for CRDP it is automatic and they have to contacty DFAS.

If,instead you are eligible for CRSC based on this info in the link, you need to apply for it.

They don't add VA comp to the Military pay. VA will send you a separate check or make a direct deposit of the VA comp and that amount will be deducted from your retirement pay unless you are within other CRDP criteria in the chart ,such as at 50% or over.(which it seems you should be)

We have retirees here who can explain this better then me but that chart and other info at those links will help.

Welcome here and thank you for your Service!

• HadIt.com Elder

This would be a good topic for Hadit Radio podcast show! its came up here at hadit before!